Chord Maker!

I love it!!! Can’t wait…

Holy crap that is EXACTLY what I need. I’ve been using Scaler 2 to do something similar but this looks a lot more straightforward.

1 Like

What are you talking about ?

Did you check out the latest newsletter? :thinking:

4 Likes

That’s it, I’ve just checked my mailbox, but there was no reference in the post to understand what @billw was talking about !

Functionality permitting, this will replace my current plugin Ripchord

1 Like

Here’s @npudar post about it.

1 Like

This is great! Looks similar as ripchord that I’ve used. I just have a question: How does transpose affect this add-on? I had some issues with ripchord. Scenario: I spent the normal amount of hours preparing the gig file with sounds, splits, and ripchord settings. During regearsal (or worse at the gig) the singer asks if we could transpose the song a semitone… This would normally be easy, either transposing in my head or using the transpose function in setlist view, but unfortunately not with ripchord. So I would have to say “I can’t transpose right now”, which is a bit embarrasing…
Is this handled differently in Chord Maker? Or is there a solution to this issue that I haven’t thought of?

There will be some transposition improvements :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, I’ve just tested Ripchord’s transposition, which works as expected.

For information, here’s my configuration, which allows me to transpose chords without modifying the trigger notes played on my guitar.
sn2562

This is done in the rackspace wiring view.
I don’t know the setlist view, maybe it’s different

1 Like

Sounds very promising. Looking forward to v5 wirh this built-in in!

1 Like

Sounds like v5 will be released in less than 3 months. I purchased GP v4? around Nov 2022. Would it be possible to let me know the approximate cost to upgrade from 4.82 to v5?
Thanks!

where I can find the midi transposer?

1 Like

The configuration in the illustration is old; I was using Miditranspose by PizMidi, deprecated but still efficient. It is included in a bundle full of rare utilities.

Miditranspose is +/- 36 halftone steps, but if you need to transpose only +/- 12 halftone steps it is easier to use the scriptlet Transposer

The Transposer scriptlet can easily be changed to +/- 36 halfsteps too.

Just enter the script editor of the scriptlet (double click the scriptlet block, then click on the pencil icon), change the parameter values in the script from -12…12 to -36…36.
Then press “Compile” and you are good to go! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info (and btw for this scriptlet), I never dare modify a script without being sure that it will work without a problem.
As I said in another post, I do scripting like a parrot talks :smirk:
I’ll now use this modified scriptlet instead of Miditranspose by easily adapting the widget curves :+1:

1 Like