Can't HEAR Gig Performer Patches while Recording Guitar in Logic Pro X

says it went run some other plug ins on this link.

GP3 did allow me to use any PlugIn I owned. That’s THE reason I haven’t migrated to GP4 even though it’s included in my Musicians’ Bundle.

Ok, where did you buy GP3?
Even with GP3 the PA edition never was able to use plugins not from PA

1 Like

From the PA page you posted:

2 Likes

That’s because you bought the unlocked version of GP3. The version that comes with the Musician bundle (and the Mega bundle) and which is free only allows PA plugins to be run. You have to UPGRADE to the full UNLOCKED version of GP4 and then you can run any plugins.

Got you, thanks.

Again, I’m betting what you’re hearing is direct from the Scarlett and I ask you again — disconnect the wire to the audio output block in GP and I bet you will still be able to hear your guitar.

In your case, it’s probably called BlackHole out or something similar
screenshot_6264

1 Like

Also, I presume you’re familiar with the use of the “I” button in a Logic audio track

screenshot_6262

haha!!! yes I am familiar with the “I” button, thank- but I know sometimes it’s the most obvious thing.
I’ve disconnected the wires from the BlackHole Ch2 Audio Out block and configured Logic Pro to Input Scarlett 2i2 and Output Scarlett 2i2. That gave me NO GP effects but did record my SM58 mic.
Then I reconnected the wires to the BlackHole Ch2 Audio OUT Block- that resulted in me hearing my NO EFFECT vocal, but recorded Vocal Track with GP effects.

also, based on the solution you linked to regarding the Focusrite monitoring feature, I tried altering the buffer sample size in Logic to no avail.

I did indeed buy the GP3 version from PlugIn Alliance. I understand now how they work this, thanks.

got that now, Edm11, thank you.

1 Like

Buffer size has nothing to do with any of this

Which means your audio interface is passing input directly to output - as suspected. You need to disable that – I’m afraid I don’t know how one does that with that particular interface

1 Like

Ok, I really really appreciate the time you’ve given me on this.

Thanks very much to all.

Wick

I just recorded directly in GP4.5 and it’s great- I can hear all the plugins and record them, too. It’s a bit of a silly work-around until I figure out how to dial in my Focusrite 2i2. Thanks for the great idea.
Wick

I finally downloaded the GP4.5 and recorded directly in the app, grabbed the file and PUT it into Logic.
Works great until I can figure out how to rout my Focusrite 2i2 properly to just go direct.
Thanks again,
Wick

I downloaded the latest version of GP4 and recorded into the app while playing to the song. That’ll work better than before, so thanks again for your help. I’ll spend a little time -after a breather- trying to get my Focusrite working properly, thanks.

Yes, upgrading to Gig Performer 4 will bring you many benefits, not only output recording :slight_smile:

For example, enjoy this collection of community made gig files for guitar players: Topics tagged guitar

2 Likes

I’ve hunted around for files like these with no luck. I used to use a HELIX and found thousands of presets to play with- they all worked great as a good starting point to finding that unfindable tone!

Thanks very much!
Wick