Can I script a rotary knob to change plugin preset?

In sound design phases using GP you can simply duplicate the current rackspace and it will keep the current plugin state. Then you can go on modifying and you can compare with the former sound by choosing the previous rackspace.

4 Likes

The point is, itā€™s not just blindly randomā€¦you can control which parameters should be randomized and you can control how they are randomized using curves to represent probabilities,

No biggie, was just curious if you had seen it

1 Like

Nope, interesting to know: thank you

Hereā€™s a user manual page: Plugin Editor More menu

1 Like

Hi rank13,

I know nothing of scripting, so if this is a dumb question know why. Is it possible to have two vsts within the same rackspace, each responding to their own slider widget that selects the gp user preset saved within each vst?

Yes, it would be possible

Do i add a new tab in the rackspace sript editor and a second widget and name 2nd vst ie:myplugin2 and 2nd slider widget preset_select2 and change these in script? i actually tried doing it exactly this way and the second widget didnt respond.

Everything goes in the same script window. Did you get one plugin working?

yes, thanks - one is working. How does one compile the script to support two slider widgets with each one independently changing saved GP user presets on respective plugin,
that was my follow up?

Iā€™ve decided that this method of selecting presets (with a knob/fader) is not a good one. Presets can be added/removed over time, so their order will shift - meaning that you canā€™t rely on a saved gig/rackspace recalling the same preset when you next open it.

So unless you donā€™t care what the initial recalled preset is, and are not planning to use variations to recall specific presets (based on the widget position) - then you will need to look at another approach e.g. one that is recalling the presets by their specific name.

4 Likes

In gpscript there is LoadGPpreset or something like that. It is still experimental. It has the possibility of specifying the name op the preset you want to load, so it is not relative. You have however to save te presets from plugin menu yousrself.

Au contraire ! For the moment with a unique situation for me this is a working solution . My case is just a single PA pitch correction plugin BX Crispy tuner. The interface has the main parameters available save for one huge one , the root scale , even though there is a root scale override it wonā€™t implement for me the way I plan on using it .
This script although of course as you add presets you are required to re compile and compensate the fader value of the PRESET_SELECT widget , it is a working solution for this plugin which doesnā€™t have a midi input, and therefore wonā€™t respond to PC changes from a midi in block , but can have GP User presets which would reflect root scale for use in this case live singing with pitch correction, the delay is minimal with low latency on my MacBook M2 and Ventura so itā€™s time to jump on board and leverage some pitch correction for my horrid background vocals !

Working for me ! Thanks !

1 Like

heads up, Iā€™ve written an improved version of the script which is able to handle multiple plugins/controls in parallel! ā†’ Multi-Plugin Preset Selector

enjoy!

2 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: How to use radio buttons to recall GP Presets of a plugin and then control those buttons via variations