Can I route Mediamonkey ASIO Out in GP3?

No worries on getting an external soundcard just for this purpose, I had one years ago and never had any need for it so I got rid of it but my son should have one I can try first before purchasing another, will check with him.

Meantime, let me at least try the asio4all now.

OK, sounds good. Good luck with that!
And please don’t forget to tell us what interface (brand, model,…) you have, when you have one. :wink:

Any recommendations as I wouldn’t know which specs to look for for this purpose only?

I once had the bigger model of this one:

and it served me quite well.
The above device is the lowest end i would go for, if you can/want spend some mor i would go for a small model from Focusrite or Steinberg. At the moment i use this one:

Hey, have a look at that thread: :crazy_face:

Hi @mikehende and welcome to the GP community. I am very curious. What is your primary use of GP3, I mean what do you usually do with it?

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to respond as I had gotten a notice when trying to reply to your last post:yesterday stating that as a newbie I need to wait for 20 hours before I can post again so I had no choice but to wait until now. Also I am guessing because I am a newbie the pm option is not available to me yet so I could not message you.

Anyways, before I should address the RME driver situation can we look into one thing with our current experiment please? For whatever reason I am not seeing the Asio4All driver showing in VLC’s Output menu so I am trying with MM and selecting the Asio4All in MM now I can set the correct sample rate options

BUT as you can see just the active input and output channels shows as disconnected, how can I correct this part please? If this can’t be solved then I will try the RME option if ok with you?

New users are automatically restricted until the system determines they are not spammers. I’ve converted you to regular so you have no more communication delays.

Thanks for the welcome David-san. I was referred to GP3 by a programmer who was trying to help me find a way to have my mp3 player software play through any VST Hosting software so I can apply the vst fx over the audio. So i joined this forum seeking help for this. If it should work then of course I will be happy to purchase GP3 for my purpose and/or if there should be any other feature I can use but for now this is the reason why I am trying GP3.

Understood dhJ, no worries and thank you very much!

GP3? From where did you get your GP3 trial version? :thinking:

Oh sorry I had assumed what I downloaded [GP4] as I am now seeing was a trial. Trying to get this experiment done has been VERY trying on me as I have been at it for months now trying this, that and the other thing with different softwares on different forums so as they now I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. Sighhhhhhhh

Oh, don’t be fooled by the RME stuff… if you don’t own a RME audio interface (which are quite expensive!) you don’t have to care about anything that’s said about RME in that thread i linked.
I thought it’s more interesting because this user was running ASIO4ALL and ASIO-Link together, that’s what you would have to do too.
This means, you’d have to run ASIO4ALL system-wise as your “main ASIO audio device”, and then you’d have to put ASIO-LINK (say) on top of it to be able to do all the routing stuff.
As far as i can see in your last screenshot, you can choose ASIO4ALL as device within GigPerformer, so it seems (if you get sound through it) that you installed this one correctly.
Now you’d have to additionally install the ASIO-Link Pro (if not done already).
Then, in the purple (main program settings) ASIO-Link window, you’d have to first “START ASIO” so that the routing configuration instance will be brought to live.
After that, change to the now running green window and click the “Pick driver” button to select your ASIO device on which the ASIO-Link tool will work… if there is the ASIO4ALL available: That’s the right one!
If all this succeeds, you should be able to do all those configurations we talked about in the above postings… if not, well… i don’t know. Let’s hpe and see. :slight_smile:

I think I am getting confused now with the Asio4All and the AsioPro, I will need to go through this entire thread again very slowly to make sure I am following your instructions carefully. I have had a very long day here today [sorry] so I think I will rest up now and start fresh in the morning again and will post the results.

So since you are done for today too then if you can check back here tomorrow would be great? Thx.

1 Like

ok here goes.

First I don’t know why the Asio4All is not showing up in VLC’s Out options so I am trying with MM [Mediamonkey]… So I chose Asio4all option in MM.

The these are the settings in Asio Pro

and in GP4

Now when I attempt to play a tune in MM this is what shows up

Could you try to put the sample rate settings to 44100Hz everywhere? (MM is at 88100Hz while the rest is at 48000Hz)

thx, I can hear MM’s music now but am I not supposed to be seeing any LED’s moving in GP4 or in AsioLinkPro? This is everything I am seeing now:

Hi Mike,
did you make any further progress? How is your situation right now?

see my previous post please

Ok guys, very happy to report that Schamass [Eric-BLESS HIM!] did a remote session with me and he was successful in getting the main mp3 software I use OTSAV to work with GP4 and VST fx on my test machine!!

This worked with the Asio4All and Asio Pro Link drivers without myself having to get an external sound card, yet, as I have a minor glitch I am hearing to work out tomorrow.

Next step will be to control [trigger on/off] the 2 VST fx in GP4 from my iPhone. Erik showed me how the features in GP4 works to trigger the 2 VST fx functions so next will be to have my iPhone do it. I have heard that “Paul” would be the man to help me complete this step? If yes, I have a few things to work out first with my actual music machine so will address this then, thanks guys!!

3 Likes