Auto engage Wah Wah

Can you realize a auto engage wah wah in gp3? So when you push the pedal it’s on and when you pull it to the first position it goes off! Thanks.

What wah wah plugin are you using?
The pedal you are using is sending midi messages to gp?

Using the Wah Wah from the plugin Cory Wong from Neural DSP. Only the Wah turned on.

OK, can you map a widget to the wah wah turning on?

There will be lots of options if you use GP Script. However I think the simplest place to start will be to look at using widget ‘groups’ and also value scaling. In this example I’m just using the internal gain plugin.
group-widget-scale-value

Add 2 widgets, one mapped to the wah pedal, the other mapped to wah on/off.
In the widget General settings, set them both to the same widget Group.
For the on/off widget, go to the widget settings ‘Value’ tab, and try these settings as a starting point:
[EDIT: I don’t have Neural but on my Mercuriall Euphoria plugin, these settings worked well]

The idea behind these scaling settings is that having 48 as the minimum and 51 maximum means that you’ll hit 50 (rounded) very quickly, which is the value at which most on/off parameters will turn on.

If your midi pedal isn’t calibrated to go fully 0 in the heel position, you might need to lower the minimum setting further (or calibrate!).

2 Likes

Great I will try this!

I decided to test the Cory. Min 48 and Max 51 for the wah on/off seems to work well.

1 Like

Thanks man! :metal:t2:

Yes, exactly what I wanted to propose :wink:

1 Like

I thought we’d had this query recently, but couldn’t find it. But it was there in my subconscious :wink:

This works great. Thank you all for the help!!!

2 Likes

I am happy if it works for you :+1:

1 Like