Auto engage Wah Wah

Thanks so much. When the switch is down it shows 0.8 % insteed if 0 %. Midi reaches only from 1 to 125. Could not get this fixed even with firmware update of the Midi Controller. But your solution should be fine!

Yeees. Works great man. You are a crack!!! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the solution! For those that are interested I’ve gotten this to work with Helix Native, NDSP (wah and whammy) and the Mercriall stuff. My expression pedal doesn’t go all the way to zero so I had to play with the values. How do I calibrate it?

What is exactly the issue? What would you like to « calibrate »?

Seems like the problem is resolved. The issue was when I set the expression pedal at minimum GP showed the value as ~10. I tried it again later and now magically the minimum value shows as 0 as it should. I didn’t change anything, so I’m not sure what happened.

OK, if you still have an issue don’t hesitate to report it here, thanks. :wink:

Amazing! Incredibly helpful in my Helix Native live rig!

1 Like

@rank13

I am using GP to gig with Helix Native.
I have a midi foot controller with 2 foot pedals.

I have setup a script that engages the wah pedal when active like you did, and also toggles the tuner when the volume pedal is depressed to 0.

My concern is that both pedals trigger the same code:
PreviousTime = ClockTime()
SetTimersRunning(true)

What if I use one pedal and before the timer ends to trigger it I mess with the other pedal and it restarts the timer lol…is there a way to call 2 separate TIMER instances or something in GP? I wonder if anyone has ever run into this before…

This version has two expression pedals, and is more easily extended if more than two are ever needed :slight_smile:

Note that I have changed the widget handles from what I had in the earlier example file.
Wah Auto Engage and Timed Disable v3.gig (69.0 KB)

3 Likes

This is a great script! love how it is concise and uses an array for pedals! So cool.

This script does not completely address my application unfortunately as I am trying to activate wah with one pedal (going above minimum threshold of 0) and toggle the tuner with the other (volume) pedal going below maximum threshold of 1.

A problem that I ran into and posted about is that once I toggle the tuner on, I can’t get the tuner to go off with the volume pedal, the rackspace script does not “see” the midi messages once the tuner activates :frowning:

Volume Pedal Activates Tuner.gig (68.8 KB)
@rank13 Here is a gig file demonstrating the issue I am having. Once the tuner is triggered by foot controller CC7 value 0, I cannot un-trigger it with the foot controller. It will un-trigger if I hold down the mouse on the Volume pedal in the rack space and drag up.