Audio Damage Enso - Live Looper

https://www.audiodamage.com/collections/software/products/ad049-enso

Looks like it could be a great plugin for live looping within GP.

Definitely crying out for use in a Global Rackspaces #hinthint :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Iā€™m a looper noob and itā€™s been taking a while to get my head around Enso, but Iā€™m starting to come to grips with it and really enjoying it. In addition to using a midi pedal to trigger the record/play, itā€™s also been useful mapping the feedback setting to an expression pedal as a way to change how slow/fast the overdubs fade out. I find loopers such a creative tool!

I also wanted to try the legendary Mobius but GP says it failed to initialize.

What version of Mobius did you try? Earlier ones were not 64-bit

Are you using jBridge for Mobius? I use Mobius extensively in GP for my one-man act, and it works fine when bridged properly.
@dhj yes, its still a 32 bit plugin,sadly. No one has picked up the banner to make it 64 bit yet.

2 Likes

http://www.circularlabs.com/download2/download.html

Thatā€™s the same download thatā€™s been there for years, and its 32-bit. I know it says that itā€™s 32 or 64, but its not. The 64-bit reference there is talking about 64-bit OS, not it being a 64-bit plugin. The dll still needs to be bridged into the 64 bit folder to appear in any DAW list.

1 Like

Thank you. jBridge for Mac got it working for me. I did experience GP hanging once when I was opening/closing the mobius ui (canā€™t remember which) but now it seems fine. I havenā€™t got midi triggers working yet but Iā€™ll do some more experimenting/reading.

iā€™m using Augustus Looper by Expert Sleepers. works pretty well for me, though itā€™s a bit clunky. has a lot of control.

1 Like

Is someone using Mobius with GP on Windows 10?

How stable if that JBridge thing for live performance?

Does it allow to mix 64bit plug ins with 32bit plug ins altogether on GP?

what are the cons with this set up?

I absolutely adore Mobius!

Thanks,

p.

I use Mobius with Win 10 on GP.
The plugin bridges very well and is stable.

1 Like

does the bridge restrict the processors or the memory on the pc?
thanks

There is some tax on CPU, although Iā€™m guessing not so much - however I have no data about this.
Regarding memory limitations: 32 bit code can only access 2^32 bytes ( = 4 GiB) of RAM. However, as a 32 bit plugin, Mobius is designed for this limitation.

I suggest for you to just try it :slight_smile:

thanks for the info
i understand the restriction of 32bit
my question was referred to see if that restriction was also applied to the 64bit plug ins when the jbridge was in use mixing 32bit plug ins like mobius and other 64bit plug ins at the same time on GPā€¦

thanks

The bridges themselves are 64-bit plugins (otherwise they wouldnā€™t load into GP)

so thereā€™s no restriction on the processors then?

thanks

CPU usage is minimalā€“nowhere near as much as most plugins youā€™ll use.
Iā€™ve got anywhere from 2-7 channels of loops running simultaneously, and CPU never goes up by more than 5%.

1 Like

Alright!
I have finally bridged Mobius as you suggested :heart_eyes:
JBridge did the trick so big thanks for that!
Now, how do you normally MIDI control Mobius within GP?
I used Mobius before but within Ableton Live and I even made a Lemur template for it
However, I would very much like to use the power-force of the incredible GP to control this sā€¦r if possibleā€¦
But so far I can only see a bunch of Mobiusā€™ MIDI parameters available to be mapped within GP
Is there a trick to MIDI control Mobius within GP??
How do you normally control Mobius with GP?
Thanks!

Iā€™m glad that you got it working!

In order to control Mobius features through GP for widgets and such, you need to expose those features via the Plugin Parameters configuration screen. Once there, you can add Functions, Scripts, Controls, Parameters, and Configurations to the Plugin Parameter list, and then the items on that list will appear in the widget mapping section. You can control the scope of each item just like other sections of Mobius (Global, Track, Track Group), and add arguments, where applicable.

Note that youā€™ll have to close and re-open GP for those changes to appear in the Mapping section.

At the moment, I donā€™t control Mobius through GP widgets, but thatā€™s really only because I have a working setup and havenā€™t gotten around to seeing if it would benefit me more switching over to having widgets controls for my MIDI triggers.

1 Like

Thanks so much!
The trick was to switch GP off and on again and voila!
Thanks for that! :smiley:

I think GP will be an amazing companion for Mobius after discovering thisā€¦
A whole lot of possibilities and control are being unlocked for me as a looping nerdā€¦ :cupid:

Although, I understand what you mean with not having the time to migrate your actual set up
I guess the policy of ā€œIf it works donā€™t fix itā€ applies hereā€¦
But have you thought about this?
https://gigperformer.com/rackspaces-vs-program-changes/

Itā€™s been a while since I worked with Mobius so Iā€™m keen to give it another serious ā€˜goā€™ nowā€¦
It was always tricky to control Mobius efficiently within Ableton for meā€¦
The plug in port numbers were a bit of a mess, I couldnā€™t do bounce recordings, etcā€¦
So I used Mobius standalone mainly.

Because itā€™s been discontinued for so long, I just thought the implementation of the plug in parameters were not implemented fullyā€¦ but I was wrong! :orangutan:

Alright, I think I have a lot of work to do with GP nowā€¦
Especially, find better strategies to work with it more efficiently now thanks to GP.

*For example, do you know how to let the looper going while switching to new variations? *
How could I switch the so important Presets on Mobius on the fly with GP?

Those two things I think are quite important to start withā€¦

Thanks!

1 Like

The problem I face with Mobius, GP, and the use of rackspaces is that GP treats each rackspace instance of Mobius as a separate plugin, with its own window. In other words, Rackspace 1 will have one instance of Mobius, Rackspace 2 will have another instance of Mobius, and so on.

Say in Rackspace 1 I have a Mobius window open, with loops running and then I change to Rackspace 2 (which has its own instance of Mobius), whatever commands I send to Mobius are now acting upon the Rackspace 2 instance of Mobius, not the original instance.

I can use variations, since they are merely subsets of one rackspace, therefore only one instance of Mobius going through all the variations.