4th Annual Purple Jam

Here in the Kansas City area, we have an annual fundraiser called “The Purple Jam” that is a tribute to Prince and his musical legacy. It is a fundraiser for local charities where members of multiple known bands from the KC area as well as the region are put together into other bands and assigned songs. This year marked the first year a GP keyboard rig was used at this event.

Myself and new GP user @Convivial1 shared my new rig I’m still in the process of rebuilding all of my Suburbans songs with. As we started setup, there were three full rigs set up. That’s mine in front. Originally Vance and I were the only keyboard players that were going to use my rig, however that changed during setup. I ended up quickly building 7 new rackspaces across 5 songs and my rig ended up being used by seven players throughout the night. The ability to rapidly respond to additional songs and getting them up and ready to run was VERY appreciated by all of the other players that ended up using this rig.

GP 4.0.x, MacBook Pro 2021 14" with M1 Pro, Roland FA-07 (also the audio interface for the rig), Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 MK1, Roland AX-1 controller with pandamidi wireless.

6 Likes

Can you imagine how long that would have taken without GP? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like a great atmosphere :slight_smile:
Any video?

:beers:

I don’t want to steal Jim’s thunder, but here is a link to the video.

7 Likes

As @xpansion mentioned, I am new to GP. I LOVE it. He was my “enabler” and now I am recreating all of my keyboard and guitar patches. My first show (just guitar) with it will be this weekend.

BTW - I can attest to how quickly Jim was setting up new racks on the fly. It was work that would have taken me hours of programming at home and I would not haven even thought of attempting it in this situation. He didn’t even break a sweat. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Convivial1 and welcome to the GP community as you are part of the family now :wink:

Bravo @xpansion, nice side step! :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to our awesome GP community and thanks for sharing.

Part of GPs success is tied to the users/members of this forum who vigilantly report issues and suggest things.

Because we’re all musicians - everything we do makes a bit more sense than if we weren’t. We know what it means to step out there and we know that sometimes last minute adjustments must be made.

“We want more videos though!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes