2 audio interface at once?

And over 90 ms round trip?

If it is what GP measures, it is probably right, but it is very bad. You cannot play with such a latency. However we don’t exactly know what is your config: which audio interface, which driver ?

Asio4all or motu asio drivers?

I believe that it’s his internal sound card.

I have a presonus 24c
Im not sure how i know what driver

Please check your configuration in the audio preferences menu:

Maybe it would be best to show us screenshot of what this settings are on your machine… btw:
If you are still using Windows 8, which meanwhile seems to be a bit outdated, maybe you could also tell us some more details about your computer’s specs (especially CPU & RAM)…
Thank you in advance! :beers:

1 Like

Ill do that but wont be able to until sunday. Ill post it here once done. Sorry for being such an annoying newbie lol.Thank you.

Some of the newer ones do, actually. I haven’t tested them (or even installed them) on my newer PCs, but Realtek has been making ASIO drivers available for their higher end audio chips for a while.

1 Like

Oh, really? Great! Do you have more info about that?

Realtek makes the chips, but they don’t make drivers directly available (at least not that I’m aware of). You’d have to check for driver availability from whoever made the laptop, motherboard, or system.

What system are you using? (e.g., Dell, Lenovo, home brew?)

This one:

Looks like an Intel NUC based system. The official Intel drivers for that look to be here: Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit and Windows 11* for the 11th Generation Intel® NUC11PHKi7C

I’m guessing you have already installed the drivers from the GEEKOM website. Those look like older drivers, but hard to tell with the way they are packaged up.

There is a Dell driver update page here: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver | Driver Details | Dell US that I’ve seen other people say worked for them.

This is one of those things that’s managed pretty poorly (in my opinion) for windows. Realtek makes a number of different audio chips that each have their own capabilities and drivers. Driver installers should generally look through these driver packages to find the drivers that are relevant to the hardware you have, and only install them if they are updates to what you have.

The Realtek ASIO driver is a separate “add on” driver that only works for certain Realtek chips, and for whatever reason most system builders don’t put it in their default driver packages, probably because most users don’t know what they are and don’t have any use for it. Some will provide separate downloads for it (like Dell does above, and Asus has for certain boards) but others don’t bother.

In theory you should be able to run that Intel driver package and if there’s nothing in there that’s relevant to your board, or not an update, it won’t do anything. Same with the Dell package.

But theory doesn’t always work out in practice, you may want to proceed with caution and/or set up a system restore point before messing with it.

Yes, I have a few of them, but that’s my first GEEKOM and they do their own design. I don’t have a huge feedback for the moment, but the build quality seems to be excellent.

For the moment I didn’t install anything specific from the GEEKOM website. I only installed the Windows 11 Pro version delivered with the PC. And my installation is not finished. However I have to say that the Realtek chipset I have in this PC performs much better that everything I owned before. But, at the end I will use the PC with my RME UCX, so if the install of exotic drivers is still a bit uncertain, I will perhaps avoid it as it is not really necessary to me.

Thanks for this information. :wink:

So it appears i may have solved what driver i had running. It was a windows one. I stupidly just did plug and play when i connected my presonus. Ive downloaded the official driver. Latency is still reading at 71ms but when playing i dont hear that. Im a bit confused. Also I’ve had a thought and rather than either buy a new 4ch or second interface i can just run a midi out block back to my kross2 and use a sound from there.

I have rather good results using throttlestop (for my laptop).

This are the settings I use. A buffer size of 64 samples at 48 KHz. is in my setup possible. Without throttlestop it was at least 192 samples.

The biggest drawback is that the fans are quite active, but in a performance setting (in my case in a house of worship) it probably isn’t audible. The beamer is louder anyway.

But keep an eye on the cpu temperature. Fooling around with undervolting is a risk. I didn’t need that anyway.

71ms is by far too much with a decent audio interface. What do you mean by “reading”? From where do you know that you have 71ms latency?
What i the name of the driver you use? A screenshot of your GP audio settings would be interesting for us.

So you would use the tick sound from the Kronos? That could also be a solution…

On Windows when the power saver profile is selected in the power options settings, then you might end up with high latencies. Don’t know if that was checked. When the optimization guide of GP was followed then that should already fine (and am I barking up the wrong tree)

1 Like

I am not trying to highjack this thread but I am having trouble using 2 devices at the same time on a Windows Lenovo Laptop. While I have my Yamaha USB plugged in, if I plug in my Behringer USB Mixer Windows runs the driver but losses connection to the Yamaha with a Device Not Recognised error. Does anyone else think this is BIOS issue?

It is not a BIOS issue, rather a limitation of Windows. You can aggregate two devices using ASIO4ALL, or use different audio interfaces with different instances of Gig Performer.

It’s macOS that has built-in support for aggregate devices, virtual MIDI support and slightly different Audio Options in Gig Performer.

As mentioned above, you won’t be able to use two different audio interfaces at the same time through GP. But your computer should recognize them. I often have multiple ASIO audio devices connected to Windows at the same time without a problem. It’s just that I can only use one at a time in any given app.

What specific Yamaha and Behringer devices are you using? One should not make the computer fail to recognize the other.