Xpand2 can't find Big file after windows 11 update

Warning to all. Xpand 2 now failing to function in gigperformer 4 after windows 11 update. It loads but can’t find sample library. Bummer for me I have a lot of patches on xpand2,

Take a look at the discussion in the link below, maybe that can help:
No Patches or Sounds available in Xpand2 (only lists None) [Archive] - Avid Pro Audio Community

1 Like

Update: downloaded and reinstalled xpand2. It works properly when I create a new rackspace but for some reason the older Rackspaces with xpand2 in my gig files are corrupted. When I open an older rackspace than xpand 2 can’t find the directory for it, but if I create a new rackspace it is working. I’m now creating the rackspace I need separately then exporting them individually as an independant rackspace and then loading them back into the gig session that has the problem with expand. Hopefully this is a permanent fix to the problem. I’m pretty sure it’s an xpand2 issue and not gig performer

It sounds like they changed some parameters or defaults and they are not handling saved state properly. You should report this to them.

1 Like

Passing this on as a resolution for Air Xpand 2 problems. uninstalled Xpand. In my case downloading latest i-lok manager, then when installing Xpand 2 in steinberg vst folder but do not let it update your i-lok folder. Everything is working properly now.