Windows 11 audio stops working

Yeah I like to have the latest and greatest also , I need to learn patience.

Ok sorry to bother again but i have just left gp on while i had dinner and everything has gone silent again no plugins making noise, midi is still working and all volumes are up. I have no idea what this could be. Audio interface is still working for all other things. Could it be a activation thing even though it says its activated.

Can you try a different audio interface?
Or ASIO4ALL just for testing?

Yes Iā€™ll dig out my Ni audio interface stand by

So it appears to have stopped working again about 15 to 20 min into playing no red screen or error of any sort everything appears to be fine just no audio. Audio meters in mixer still showing signal. Iā€™m getting concerned :worried: have a big Xmas ball event sat night. I donā€™t think itā€™s audio interface as the screen would turn red also it still works for all other things.

Ok just found something out. Since gp 4 I have set up a global rackspace for my outputs. So I was checking through every rackspace and 1 of them out of 35 for this gig was working still and that was the one not using the global rack space. All my volumes in the global rack are on and up but donā€™t work, but when I bypass global rackspace sound comes back. Any thoughts what could be happening

All rackspaces work when not using global rackspace

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting.
Can you please attach here an example gig file where your issue occurs?

What exactly do you want me to attach

Your gig file where this problem occurs. :slight_smile:

Good investigation :+1:

A lot of this sort of thing is slowly going through the signal chain. Is the audio going straight out to the interface outputs from the ā€œFrom Rackspacesā€ or through plugins? Next step would be to start bypassing any plugins to see if one is blocking the audio.

Sorry npudar Iā€™m quickly redoing my gig file without any global rackspace so I wonā€™t have time to upload it right now as I need to get this glitch out of the way before gigs this weekend. Ill try to do it next week. Cheers

Is this issue (re global rackspace) only happening on Windows 11?

OK, just wanted to troubleshoot your issue :slight_smile:

Iā€™m using the Global rackspace on Win11, as well, with no issues.

This is on win 10 aswell, I donā€™t know why but the global rackspace always starts off working but crashes after a while. It may be when editing I canā€™t put my finger on it.

OK, can you try this:

• Create a new Gig file
  • From the wizard, choose Classic keys with master FX (that one uses the Global rackspace).

See if the problem persists. If it works OK with the GP supplied plugins, then one or more of your plugins are the culprit.

Hey man, I had a problem that was very similar to yours in my last gig. An audio dropout every 30min at random with the license and everythingā€¦ If you have any update on this, I would be very happy. The global rackspace thing is interesting.

In my experience, audio dropouts are usually related to overdriving the bitrate or reducing latency to the point, that the computer canā€™t keep up. If it is really bad you usually get crackle or pops, but a complete audio dropout every several minutes usually means the computer can keep up for a while and then drops out completely until the audio system gets reset.

So try reducing the bit rate and or bit depth or increasing the latency until the problem goes away. I donā€™t recommend a latency for audio of more than 1msec as too much latency causes havoc with the performers if they are monitoring their performance over the audio system.

Steve

Do you use OSC with the Global Rackspace? (I had a situation where the setting changed and I lost audio from the Global Rackspace.)