Widgets from reg to global rackspace not syncing up

What is going on here? I have a widget mapped to a plugin in the global rackspace, given a global paremeter. Then I made a widget in a regular RS. Mapped it to the global parameter. Now, when I click on the widget in the REGULAR RS, it links up but in opposite value (ON=OFF) yet they are both set to “reverse”. What’s even stranger, is when I click on the widget in the GLOBAL RS, it doesn’t sync/link back to the widget in the reg RS at all.

Try not to reverse the local widget.

That solves the “opposite” issue, but does not solve why its not syncing when clicking on the global RS widget.

I can confirm

I have many other widgets setup the same way and they work bidirectionally. They sync up, regardless which one is pressed. This one only works one way. Weird!

Not sure what happened…something must have gotten corrupted. I deleted the global widget and made a new one. It works now.

Spoke too soon! As soon as I reversed the midi value in the global, it broke the syncing from global to reg. Still works from reg to global, but not the other way around. When I undo the “reverse” in value in global, it syncs up again both ways.

So it seems there is a bug, where if the value is set to “reverse” in the global, it breaks the sync between the two widgets.

Problem is already documented: see the following post
https://community.gigperformer.com/t/sync-button-between-rackspace-and-global-rackspace/7275

1 Like

Wish I saw that before I spent so much time trying to figure out what’s wrong! LOL