Widget for Reverb in seconds instead a value?

@Martien Don’t believe it: I have encountered this kind of problem with the display of MTuner, Melda Productions’ tuning plugin. I reported the problem to them and it was solved in the last update. And they thanked me for reporting the problem.

https://community.gigperformer.com/t/tuner-as-native-plugin/12717/20?u=hermon

2 Likes

Which version of Waves are you using?
In the version I have, the widget value shows the same value as in the plugin itself.
I am on Windows, and tested using vst and vst3 plugin of H-Reverb Stereo.

Please note that if you use a Text Label widget to display that value, it will not update as you change the value of the Reverb Time using another mapped widget.

1 Like

Why not? It should.

I don’t have that particular plugin but I just loaded a PA Reverb plugin and attached both a knob and a label to the PreDelay fader and both the fader and the label update correctly as I move the fader on the plugin

2023-01-25 08-28-18.2023-01-25 08_28_47

@dhj The Text Label widget only updates when I change the value in the plugin UI, not with another widget.
There’s little point to setting up a dial widget to change a value or Text Label to display a value when you’re just going to change that value in the plugin UI itself, so your example doesn’t make sense as a practical application.

Can confirm on Mac with Blue3 and GX-80

Oh I see — of course — it’s because, when you adjust a plugin parameter from the host, the plugin does not rebroadcast the change.
So you’d have to use a script to do this

Hello, Thanks for the information.
The video is not showing… Invalid codec.
I’m on Mac.

@martien - Apologies if this is somewhere up above and I am just missing it, but to your original question it also could just be that you are using the AU or VST version of the plugin. If you use the VST3 version of H-Reverb it DOES expose the reverb time to the host. I believe this issue is generally true of AU plugins and is one of the convenience/usability advantages of VST3. Here is a screenshot of a knob controlling the reverb time of the VST3 version of H-Reverb. No text label involved:

2 Likes

It’s exposed to a knob or slider and you can change the value from the knob or slider but if you associate with a label, you can’t change the value (labels don’t support editing)

Thank you Brian.
I’d use the au version indeed…
Going to change that

Thanks!!

Brian… yessssss!!
That did the trick!!

Thanks again

1 Like