Widget does not update on parameter

I created two text label widgets, which I want to use for Organ rotator fast/slow (one red one for fast, one green one for slow).

I mapped these to the correct plugin/parameter and when I manually change the rotator speed lever in the plugin (NI Konakt, Vintage Organs), it works as expected.

However, I also change the lever via different ways, e.g. a button on my keyboard which I programmed in the script, also the sustain pedal (one of the switches of my behringer MIDI keyboard), and by moving the pitch bend wheel down (also via script). However, in all these cases, the lever of the plugin is changed, but the callback is not called:

On ParameterValueChanged(parameterNumber : integer, parameterValue : double) from Organ

How (if?) can I make this callback being not only responsive to manual changed of the plugin, but also when changed by a GP call to SetPrameter ?

Most plugins do not (and should not) call back to the host when they respond to an external “set parameter” request. In fact, you’ll find that if you assign to widgets to the same parameter number of a plugin, turning one will not cause the other one to turn, for exactly the same reason.

1 Like

If you have code that you want to execute in both scenarios, can’t you do that following your SetParameter? e.g. via a common function.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I guess it makes sense.

That’s what I do now … but for widgets changing a parameter, I also now need to add it to the script instead of having it done by having a callback from a plugin parameter (which is not possible). It’s not a big deal, just trying to make my script simpler.