Widget bi-directional Nektar Panorama

You can go the same route I did with the MkII. In the MkIII you have 16 “sessions” that will respond to PCs from GP, so you could have 16 rackspaces that will call up the appropriate labels,and settings on those endless knobs. It’s not complicated, but you need to use a separate Novation app called Components to edit the templates which is where the setting for those knobs are. While not 2 way communication, for me it is good enough on stage, as from that point of changing rackspace and sending PC for new preset on the keyboard, I will just be using the keyboard’s physical knobs, so they will be and will continue to stay in correct position/status/setting.

My problem with MkIII however is that I don’t see those knobs up along the top edge lasting long on the road, JUST 8 knobs, the faders and buttons being way over on right side… and did I mention still just 8 faders

Yeah, that’s a crazy cool controller! If they were to incorporate faders somehow I would definitely consider something like that…even if maybe the faders were just touch sensitive visual representations rather than actual physical faders, which I think could work,

Yes I have thought long and hard along those lines as well. I mean of course ideally I’d rather just have a controller that did it all. And I would like the faders or drawbars to have some bi-directionality and LED visual reference to actual software value (like in Roland RD2000),

But understanding I’ve got to compromise somewhere, what you have is pretty cool setup and it is something I continue to consider. But what I have with SL MkII works pretty well for me. Also my particular need for this controller is as an upper keyboard and don’t want or need anything bigger than 60 keys or so.

@dhj:
Did you get some further information on this topic?
I am asking because i received my Panorama P6 today and i was struggling to get the motorfader synced to the widget - but obviously, when the keyboard runs in “internal mode” (means as a normal midi controller), the motorfader won’t receive any midi data, since they seem to be using a proprietary protocol to let the controller communicate with DAW programs.

I guess, GigPerformer had to “identify” itself to the controller/driver as a regular DAW (which had to be known by the device) and of course it had to “speak” the proprietary protocol.

Maybe if we could point out to Nektar that they have listed Gig Performer under the DAWs that are supported by their controllers. but it doesn’t work properly? (The list of the supported DAWs is shown when you fill out the forced registration of the hardware to get the drivers :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)…?

Well, it seems that i now have a motorized fader but i cannot send some signals to it due to some proprietary communication protocol… this would have been too easy if something just worked actually. :frowning_face: