Why Audio In?

Is there a reason why I have to have the Audio In block in all my Rack spaces? I mean, I’m doing almost all MIDI stuff, and never connect the audio in to anything, so it just sits off to the side and clutters up my workspace.

For that matter, there are times I don’t need the audio out either - many of my Songs are doing nothing more than sending out program changes to external gear.

When you do not enable audio in, the shown audio in plugin has no functionality.
It is shown, but it does nothing.

yeah, it’s the “showing” I’m trying to avoid LOL! It is conceivable I might use it in some Rackspace, but 95%+ I won’t.

Just ignore the audio in plugin :wink:

That is what I’m doing obviously - so maybe I’m asking for a feature request that it not have to be there - like all the other blocks.

Maybe by design that is not possible.

Think of a rackspace as a patchbay — regardless of what’s going on inside (or not), there will still always be connections to the “outside”

Could we hide it? Maybe not a bad idea but given that you have a large virtual view you could just move it out of the way

Sure - but the same thing could be said for the MIDI in, and I can delete that if not needed right? Not being a troublemaker … just curious …