Which hardware for midi routing?

Hi,

I am currently controlling my three instances with
the Behringer X-Touch mini.
As it usually would just work in communication to one instance and back; I work with loop midi and the software TXL20 to split/ route the midi parallel.(see following pic)
It works, but after some time and for reasons I don’t know it is not working smooth anymore; settings I make at the X-Touch are not working anymore, the indicators are pull out as the system fights back the setting (not easy to explain).

Which hardware can I use to route the midi instead of my software solution? As it needs to work in both directions do I need a 2 out and 6 input device? Will I need then six midi cables to wire it or will that be made by software as well? Which device is recommended?

Thanks a lot!
Flodder

Conductive Labs makes the best midi router solution in my opinion, and two different sizes. I bought the MRCC years ago and have never had problems with where I want my midi signals to go to or from. It’s highly programmable as well, so you can do a lot on the device that you’d have to do in other software or programs. It does have a small screen, and because it is powerful there is a learning curve, but once mastered it is a fantastic device. (PS - I had been using Loop Midi like you before moving to the MRCC. The software is great, it’s unfortunate that the OS’s are so obtuse).

MRCC – MIDI Router Control Center | (conductivelabs.com)

It’s not clear to me exactly what you’re trying to do or how you have your x-touch set up. But I would be surprised if the software routing was creating a problem that a hardware equivalent is going to “fix”.

You can’t link a fader to three different things and expect that it will just work well. If each fader is only attached to a single widget then you could be ok, but if you have any one fader controlling something in multiple instances it’s kind of inviting feedback loops.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.
The question would be which I would need, the fat one is too much, I guess…

I do not use the same knob or fader in different instances.
But you are may right, probably the routing has a bug; I will check it again…