Where do I best adjust the latency?

where do I best adjust the latency?
i have 4 possibilities to adjust the latency, but which one do i have to use?
Do I have to change all of them, or only certain ones?
I have the following options:

1. GigPerformer
  2. Asio4All
    3.VST Plugin
  3. universal control for the audio interface
    grafik
    grafik

grafik

best
Georgy

The plugin stuff โ€œSynchronโ€ is irrelevant as far as latency goes. Those settings relate to itโ€™s internal engine and they look ok to me.

You seem to be using ASIO4ALL driver so Iโ€™d match the buffer size in GP which you did so I think you seem to be set up just fine.

But the question is, what happens if I set e.g. in universal control to 512 samples, or only in Gig Performer 512? What has priority? The Asio driver still has 128 samples.

Why donโ€™t you try it out? Change the different Buffer sizes and observe the resulting latencies :slight_smile:

By the way: Why are you using ASIO4All with your Studio 26? Presonus has really decent ASIO drivers for their โ€žStudioโ€œ line of interfaces. That should give you way better performance and lower latencies. Also, if you use the Presonus ASIO driver, the settings panel in GP just changes the buffer size of the Presonus ASIO driver, just like Universal Control does. So thereโ€™s really just one value for it in that case :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that was a very good idea, thank you very much

๊ถ‚์ด ASIO4All ์„ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ํ•„์š”๊ฐ€ ์žˆ์„๊นŒ์š”โ€ฆ?

์ „ Presonus AudioBox 22VSL ์„ ๋ ˆ์ดํ„ด์‹œ ์„ค์ •์„ 96000HZ 128samples ์—์„œ๋„
๋ฌด๋ฆฌ์—†์ด ์•„์ฃผ ์ž˜ ๋ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹คโ€ฆ

์ข‹์€ ์ •๋ณด ๊ฐ์‚ฌํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹คโ€ฆ^^*

???

Sorry we cannot reade Chinese written words.

Google makes it possible Korean
Should I use ASIO4All? ? I have a Presonus AudioBox 22VSL with a latency of 96000 Hz, 128 samples It works very well without any problems โ€ฆ Thanks for good information

1 Like

Iโ€™m sorry โ€ฆ ^^ *
Iโ€™m Korean.

If Koreans use this community
Leave a comment in Korean because I can not understand a little easier.

์ปค๋ฎค๋‹ˆํ‹ฐ ํฌ๋Ÿผ์€ ์˜์–ด์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. Google ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์„ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜๋ฉด ๋„์™€ ๋“œ๋ฆฌ๊ฒ ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

2 Likes

Presonus ์˜ค๋””์˜ค ๋“œ๋ผ์ด๋ฒ„๋ฅผ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์ด ์ข‹์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค

1 Like

Hello David-san
Thanks for the comment.

As I said, I am currently using Presonus drivers.
I think it would be safer if the computer hardware is good.

Itโ€™s so amazing for you to comment in Korean language.
Thank you for your deep interest.

์•ˆ๋…•ํ•˜์„ธ์š” David-san
๋Œ“๊ธ€ ๊ฐ์‚ฌํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

๋ง์”€์ฒ˜๋Ÿผ ํ˜„์ œ Presonus ๋“œ๋ผ์ด๋ฒ„๋ฅผ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.
์ปดํ“จํ„ฐ ํ•˜๋“œ์›จ์–ด๋งŒ ์ข‹์€๋ฉด ๋”์šฑ ์•ˆ์ „ ํ• ๊ฒƒ ๊ฐ™๋”๊ตฐ์š”โ€ฆ

๋Œ€ํ•œ๋ฏผ๊ตญ ์–ธ์–ด๋กœ ๋Œ“๊ธ€์„ ์ฃผ์…” ๋„ˆ๋ฌด ๋†€๋ž๋„ค์š”
๊นŠ์€ ๊ด€์‹ฌ ๊ฐ์‚ฌํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

So, keep the Presonus drivers and work at 44.1KHz with a buffer of 256 samples. If you want to reduce the latency, you can reduce the buffer size. 256 samples is right for me. If you are faced with audio glitches, you will have to traduce the following e-book in Korean and apply carefully the advices it contains:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

Good luck! :wink: