When will there be an update for GP

Hi guys and dolls,

When will there be an update so you can anable and disable the tabs above, like “verse, intro ….
I don’t use this and It’s a waste of space if you don’t use it

Thank you

Hi @Martien ,

I think you are talking about SetList Mode, right?
When you do not need it, then you probably do not need SetList mode, right?

2 Likes

Yes, you’ll be able to remove this bar in the next update.

When? Can’t answer, but it is to be expected relatively soon.

7 Likes

Oooh….another leak🤪

3 Likes

What do you mean dhj?

Hi Paul,

Yes I do.
I have multiple lists in there

Thank you for the answer NPudar

…mentioning unreleased changes :slight_smile:

While we’re on the subject of enhancements, are there any plans to allow one rackspace to be assigned to one midi controller, and another rackspace to be assigned to another controller?

I do not understand, you cannot assign a controller to a rackspace, you assign Widgets or Actions in Global MIDI.

What do you mean by this? What would you accomplish? What should such an assignment let you do?

I instinctively (rightly or wrongly) see rackspaces as patches. Single sounds. Some of which have been made from many layers of plugins.

I would like the ability to create a definitive ‘Pad’ rackspace, and another ‘Piano’ rackspace, and then a ‘Brass’ rackspace etc. And - crucially - the ability to assign any of those to an upper or a lower keyboard in my rig.

And I would like to do that for each song part I create.

But as it stands, I either need to either create a rackspace for each song and configure note on/off filters across variations, or create large numbers of rackspaces with combinations of one rackspace assigned to the upper keyboard and another to the lower one.

I basically just want the sound elements (VSTs) of rackspaces to be abstracted from the midi elements (MIDI in blocks).

Maybe I’m just not getting this. I love Gig Performer, and completely value the support on this forum, but this aspect I have struggled with since the beginning. Hopefully it’s just me and I’m not getting something!

I should add that I only have a 14" screen on my MacBook, so that is contributing factor to my ask above. I simply don’t have enough real estate (or decent enough eyesight) to have dozens of VSTs with midi filter blocks in a single rackspace.

This way Gig Performer is not working.

I understand.

I would just like to know how best to achieve and manage my aim of creating a definitive set of patches (e.g. a ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’ analog string patch featuring 4 VSTs layered) - and how to reuse them across song parts.

Perhaps using favorites ?

2 Likes

Interesting. I’d not heard of favourites in the context of GP.

And you even don’t have to wait for the next update for this! :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe make is easier to use multiple cores (whether it is considered another “instance” of GP or not).

So, for example, if you have a rackspace with multiple plugins, you could run them on different cores?

I will admit that I have no idea if this is may be feasible. So, flame away! Hah!

Jeff

1 Like

I am playing “Shine on your crazy diamond” too.
All is done in 1 rackspace using widgets to controls which plugins are active.
I am using 2 different variations.
The 1st is the string patch and the solo synth and a bunch of Kontakt Samples.
The 2nd is the organ and the solo synth.

The piano when the 2nd synth solo is played comes from an Ableton Backing Track.

No need to combine rackspaces as sound sources.

And when your display is too small, when playing live there is no need to take a look at the wiring window :wink:

2 Likes