Waves H-Reverb

Thank you all

No problem. Glad you reported the problem, will be helpful to others

Hello,
I point out that I also had a couple of crashes with H-Reverb, but I only read now that the same problem has happened to others. At the next crash I will post the error logs.
Apart from this, I wanted to point out that for VST plug-ins only, the 2 input and output channels are not shown but only 1, despite the effects being stereo. This anomaly is not present for the same effects in VST3 format.
I ask you kindly to provide support to see if it is a GIG or Waves problem.
I am attaching the evidence screen to the build version (all plugins are updated to the latest version on the site).

Thank you in advance for your support.
Angelo
vst_stereo vst3_stereo version_waves

What happens if you select the bus layout? Can you change it to stereo?

screenshot_3701

Using the BUS configuration as you indicated, you can configure it in stereo.
Is it correct that it works like this?

Thanks for the quick response dhj

I’ve always thought it strange that GP returns a Mono plugin block by default when you select a Stereo Waves plugin.
Why is that, do you think?

So think about how GP is different from channel-strip based systems. In the latter, you are inserting a plugin into a channel strip and the channel strip is already configured for mono or stereo or 5.1 or whatever and so it can do the equivalent of what we do with bus layout to make the plugin show up in the right format.

But in GP, there’s no channel strip “container”, nothing to pre-determine how a plugin should be configured. So when you create a plugin in Gig Performer, the plugin instantiated using whatever defaults the plugin itself has defined, if any. I guess those Waves plugins have mono defaults.

Unfortunately, until we can get such companies to include Gig Performer in their QA process, this kind of thing can happen because they will have never seen a situation where the plugin doesn’t get told in advance what bus layout it should use.

We already have an item in our tracking system where the desired bus layout for a plugin could be stored in the plugin manager, but it’s not particularly high on our list compared to other things we (and users!) want to see.