Watch out - new Windows Update impacting plugins

Just saw a comment from an FB friend about the latest Windows update screwing up some plugins

This is not cool :confused:

Thanks for sharing

I’ve been using the 1903 update for about 1.5 months now, no problems here. Obviously different hardware changes the equation greatly, so one’s own mileage with 1903 may vary…

out of curiosity - does “latest windows update” mean 1903 or does it mean an individual Hotfix or CU?

Dunno…friend of mine posted he had major grief after update and I figured people here might want to know

I’m pretty sure that 1903 is the latest update. This is what I’m currently running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit…with no problems so far.

Probably the „major“ version, hotfix updates would usually not remove VC++ libs.

I‘ve had some woes regarding the 1903 update myself, but all the audio stuff works fine for me. Nevertheless, many people have been complaining about problems concerning specifically audio applications in 1903.

In any case, make sure you have enough time to test after any update and are able to roll back to a working state, should it be necessary (Windows provides some tools for that, but having a full-disk backup is a very good idea IMHO).

1 Like