Vst's through FRFR doesn't sound very good

Hi, i’ve been busy. I’ve tested your idea and it sound pretty good, maybe i’ve got to make some changes and be careful with the fx and the amount of reverb. Thanks.

@lucas :Welcome to the Gig Performer family! :beers:
(i just checked your user rights on the forums and somebody already has changed your status from “new user” to “basic user”, so uploading gig- and rackspace files should be allowed for you now).

Having a look at your gig file, i noticed that you always used two input channels, but normally a guitar is plugged in into only one of the input jacks of the audio interface. At least that’s how i’m used to connect my guitar - so i would try to use a single input and then double it by connecting this to both inputs of the first plugin in the chain, and then keeping everything stereo until the end of the chain.
If the final output has to be mono, you should simply be able to combine the two signal paths back to one again.
Also something you could try, is to use the FX-chain in parallel to the “dry” signal and send them through a mixer, so you can (after having dialed in the particular effects) easily adjust the dry/wet ratio with one or two widgets… just a thought.

Hummm. you’re right, honestly i have to say that i’m not an expert in these kind of software, i use to mess with them until i find the sound that i like and in this case i guess the setup is not the appropriate. I will try your advice. Thanks a lot.

1 Like