Volume controls

Hi GPers
I have mapped a cc7 to global volume and would also like to use an expression pedal to control the volume of all midi channels in a rack space. I can do this on a single rackspace but I need it to work globally on all rackspaces.
Also i do not need the full range on the pedal , I need the zero position on the pedal to be 30% volume to the max position on pedal to be 75% volume globally,
I don’t want to go from zero to max I want the start volume to be 30% and max pedal to be 75%

What to you mean by “volume of all midi channels”?

hi,
I have a master slider which controls master volume in GP. (cc7)
I need another method to control volumes on each rackspace so i used an expression pedal (on cc11) but this only controls volume on one channel in my keyboard.
I have 4 vsts on channels 1 to 4 i need to control volume on all 4 at same time but can only control on one channel

Hi Simon,

Maybe too obvious, but what if you assign a widget to control the stereo outputs of your soundcard? And map that widget to your volume pedal?
Would that work?

You’d typically insert a Gain Control or a small Mixer and assign volume parameter to a widget that is connected to your controller

And of course, that would be the most smart idea :sweat_smile:

Thanks Djogon and guys, why didn’t I think of that?
Cheers

Is there a global way of doing this or do I have to add in every rackspace ?

If you want it to be remembered per rackspace - you have to add it to each rackspace obviously, but if you want to just have a global control of your volume - you can use the master knob in the top right and assign your MIDI control to it.

You mentioned using a volume pedal. I bought a Midi Expression USB midi interface from www.audioFront.net , and learnt it in the global midi settings. Works great, and you can set both max and min volumes in the software.

Yeah, those AudioFront devices are amazingly useful. Glad that worked out for you.

Going to try a y cable on expression pedal wiring to feed both my keyboards expression inputs ,

my upper board is on channel 1 and lower is on chan 2 ,thus can control volumes on these 2 channels

this will save me editing all my rack spaces,

I can use master volume on 3 rackspaces that have channels 3 & 4 that I wish to control volumes on.

Thoughts?