Vocoder (VST on windows)

anyone have any recommendations on vocoder plugins that run under windows? For the most part, I’m looking to replicate the classic Roland VP-330 style vocoder (currently using the Behringer VC340 live and want to consolidate). There is the TAL Vocoder VST, which is free and sounds great, but it’s 32bit only. I’d love something not too terribly expensive that runs pretty slim (using a Surface Pro4 with an i5).

I have Reaktor (from Komplete 9) and have played with the stock vocoder preset, but I can’t seem to make it work the way I want. I thought about building my own in there, but I figured it would be worth a shot to see if anyone out there had a recommendation.

Maybe this:
http://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder/

looks to be Mac only. I am running Windows 10. Thanks though!

Take a look at MeldaProduction’s MVocoder. MP’s plugins have an unusual interface, but it’s common across all of them. Very flexible. They do good work. There’s a teaser and a couple of video tutorials on the product page. €49 (about US$56).

MeldaProduction MVocoder

thanks! I’ll check it out.

I went and found NI’s Razor as well ($99). I downloaded a demo of that and was noodling around and it seemed pretty cool. I’ll try out MVocoder and put them both through their paces.

Isotope vocalsynth

This will we available for windows also
https://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder/orange-vocoder-4-preview/

@pianopaul At the bottom of that page, it reads ," ORANGE VOCODER 4 will be released early Q2, 2018. Pricing is TBA."

Hmm…

@jeebustrain,

I’ve used TAL-Vocoder as well as Sonovox Vocalizer which is 64 bit and does work with GP. These days thought, I have switched everything over to Waves Morphoder with great success so far. My band have all commented on this being the best Vocoder I’ve used so far.

Izotope VocalSynth looks real promising, however as I understand it, it is pretty CPU intensive. I would be concerned that might also create some additional latencies like I’ve seen with Izotope Nectar.

@dhj, do you use VocalSynth with GP already?

X

@xpansion

The Waves Morphoder looks pretty good (and the price is right, too). The demo vid I watched doesn’t sound half bad, either. I haven’t had a chance to grab the demo yet - how is it on cpu usage?

Orange has been coming forever, I gave up on thst one a long time ago

I went ahead and picked up Morphoder. I buy all of my Waves plugins from Koby at EveryPlugin.com. He has a standing Waves-only discount code: YNY23. With that extra discount (you need to have an account), I paid $23.48. That’s more than the sale price on Waves looks like, but I was only buying the single plugin.

Also, Koby is really good about fulfillment and matching Waves online promos. Send him an email if you’re looking to use Waves current 30% discount promo code for a $50 or more purchase.

@jeebustrain,

I’ve been traveling on business the last couple of days. I’ll try to test sometime late tonight or tomorrow after I get back in town. FYI: One of the things I like most is that in GP, I can easily use either the synth engine builtin to Morphoder for the carrier or I can easily use a different VST plugin as the carrier. I do about half of my rackspaces using morphoder with the internal synth and the other half with an external synth (usually either OPX-II pro or Synthmaster).

X

awesome, thanks! I ended up grabbing a demo copy and I’ve been playing with it, comparing it with Razor. Overall i think it sounds pretty good (especially for the price). CPU usage seems pretty moderate, too. Last night I was looking around the Reaktor user patch site and found several user created vocoders. My Reaktor is older (v5), but I’m sure a couple of these should work. I’m going to give them a shot to see what works.