Using Decent Sampler

I’m not sure what happened but it seems that a simple default template that I created for GP 4.7 was never included with the installer. We’ll fix that for the next update but in the meantime, here is a template that you can download. In particular, it includes XML that adds a few controls including Attack and Release. The link is at the bottom.

Also, it seems there is a tiny buglet in the AutoSampler when it comes to creating a Decent Sampler preset — the first time you try it, no preset is created and then when you change the name of the preset, the AutoSampler will use the previous name. Somehow this got missed during testing. It will be fixed for the next release.

GPSimpleDSTemplate.dspreset (2.5 KB)

When you are creating the samples, use that template the first time.

2 Likes

this is helpful for sure , here is an issue , suppose I am sampling an EastWest library BT twisted textures , its only on the white keys , how could I prepare a template to only sample the white keys in this case ? Thanks , Note interval 2 doesn’t quite work …

Well, since we don’t have a way to specify explicit notes to sample, I guess you would just sample the range of notes (semitones) and then edit the XML file that is created to remove the unneeded entries.

2 Likes

Editing the xml file is now standard practice for me as a MIDI guitarist.
I assign the samples to the notes that suit me best according to the projects.

1 Like

While I was picking up the latest (and last) v1 Unify update from PluginGuru (1.11.2, replacing 1.11.1 BETA), I noticed that they have added the 'Decent Sampler Unified" library! Scroll down the page a bit to the list of available unified libraries. All free, but you must already own the appropriate synth/instrument.

Unify Unified Library for Decent Sampler

1 Like