Use your mobile phone to control your guitar or keyboard effects

Thanks for the information, I’ll add that to the essential specifications.

I’m sorry to bother you again, but while I’m waiting to buy a router I’m trying again to connect my phone and GP.
I used an IP address detection application which gave me the IP addresses of my laptop (192.168.43.36) and my phone (192.168.43.1).

My problem is that wifi is enabled on my phone but I’ve just seen in the Oscar settings / Network information :

• IP of your device : 0.0.0.0
  • connected Wifi : not connected

If Oscar can’t find the IP address and can’t see the wifi, even if I buy a router, the problem will be the same?

I’m pretty sure it will work with a router.

(I never tried this with my phone.)

Ok, good.

If you’re not using a router with DHCP, you’re going to have to define the IP addresses yourself.

For my birthday, my children gave me a 3" smartphone and a 3" TP-Link wifi router to use with my 29.5" guitar.
Small equipment, but I’ll be able to make the most of it thanks to GP. :wink:

This will allow me to tap less on my pedalboard and use more fingers on this phone fixed to my guitar.
It is my new supplementary touch controller driving GP in OSC.
I chose Frederik Bertling’s OSCAR OSC controller for its simplicity and ease of use.
Incidentally it also comes with layouts to drive Reaper and RME Totalmix.

All this works perfectly, and all I have to do now is practice playing while manipulating the pads and faders. It’s already starting to give promising results.

Thanks @npudar for his tutorial and his help with @dhj as I didn’t know anything about networking.

USE YOUR CELL PHONE TO CONTROL YOUR GUITAR OR KEYBOARD EFFECTS

4 Likes

An now we want a demo video with this new setup… :wink: :innocent:

2 Likes

Give me time to practice, it’s like turning one hand on your belly and tapping your head with the other.
Ever heard of it? It’s not easy, but it’s not impossible :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My mother used to challenge us kids to try that. Now I’m able to turn one hand on my head and tap my belly with the other. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes it does, they include a template for RME Total Mix.

Great to hear that. I know that you had problems, where a router would work well.

Of course, when the time comes → Gig Performer in Action thread. I think all would like to know how this setup works for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like