In a particular situation, I am forced to call GP song parts with MIDI messages. Luckily, this functionality is built into setlist mode. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work.
To illustrate this, I have built a small example gigfile, which has the following contents:
Rackspace1 with only one variation:
- Default: Mapped to Bank 0 / PC 1
Rackspace2: with only one variation:
- Default: Mapped to Bank 0 / PC 2
- Rackspace1 with only one variation:
Song1 with only one part:
- part1: Mapped to Bank 1 / PC 1
Song2 with two parts:
- part2: Mapped to Bank 2 / PC 1
- part1: Mapped to Bank 2 / PC 2
- Song1 with only one part:
I would expect to be able to call rackspaces and/or songs via incoming Bank Select (CC0) and Program Change messages. This does work for rackspaces, however it does not work for songs. I did make sure that the messages arrive in GP (see screenshot). What am I missing here?
I am using GP 3.2.7 on Windows 10.
variationrecall-test.gig (16.9 KB)