I keep getting:

GigPerformer.exe - system error

The program can’t start because
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1 -1 -0.dll is missing from your computer
Try reinstalling to fix this problem

(I did, several times)
Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

That is extremely odd, I don’t think we’ve heard of this error before. A quick google search resulted in numerous pages of the form

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-missing-error-solved/

all of which suggest that it’s part of the VS Studio 2015 distributable which we definitely include for the Windows version of Gig Performer.

I’m wondering what version of Windows you’re running and I assume you’re running Windows 64-bit, right?

Another possibility is that an anti-virus program on your machine blocked the installation.

Windows 7 64 bit. I might have to turn off “noscript” and try another install. Thanks.

Sean

Your browser NoScript should not affect this assuming the download completed. I’d be more concerned that your download was corrupted somehow. You’ll need to clear caches and so forth to make sure that it really downloads again rather than your browser just giving you a corrupted version again.

Got it working, just took a bunch of updating in Windoze. I had Bill G on virtual lockdown for 4 years…LOL.

If you don’t mind, it would be interesting to know what you had to update so that others in similar situations could benefit. We certainly appreciate your persistence!

Sure thing David.
To put a finer point on it, this was NOT a GP issue, but a Windows issue. I am not a fan of Windows (or Mac), I’m more of a Linux geek. So I try very hard to isolate Windows from all of B Gates keyloggers / Spyware stuff. Once I feel I have a stable system I never update. I remove WIFI capability…etc (even though two years ago it was proven that bios can be 100% hacked through an air gapped PC.)…But that is another discussion for another time.

Short story is I needed to upgrade about 400 MB’s of swarf in order for Windoze 7-64 to play nice with new software.

Sean

OK - still good to know that the cause of the install problem was due to Windows 7 being out of date.