Transposing live by fcb1010

Well, that’s not really enough information. You also need to define min/max for that widget (from from -5 to + 7) and then create different variations with the widget set to the desired transposition in each one.

That feature is implemented but unfortunately we can’t really say when the update with that feature will be released.

That’s ok. I will keep an eye open for the update.
Thanks for your help.

In the meantime, a simple GPScript easily solves your issue, as several others have already noted

Fact is I have no idea how to do that.

Right, but several users here have already explained ways to do it, one even provided an example script. You’ll find that people on this forum are really willing to help others get up to speed, it has become an amazing community.

2 Likes

Open the provided gig file, start to play with them, ask related questions. Please, don’t give up :wink:

1 Like

Ok, two things right now. I opened the script file and was able to get the reset to 0 tied to button 6 on the fcb1010. I was then able to tie the increment up to the button 2 on the fcb1010. I tied the increment down button to the button 1 on the fcb1010 however it will only go down one increment and then no more.
In the mean time something changed on the link between the fcb1010 and the garritan plugin. Now instead of transposing up it wants to change to an entirely different rack (new rack I think).

How does your MIDI assigment list look like?

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 11.21.47 AM

OK, I see
You should not use CC 0 (Bank Select) for Midi Assignments.
Can you give different CC numbers on your fcb1010?

I will have to look at the fcb1010 documentation

what cc number would you recomend

This is a list of official CC numbers

• 1 = Modulation wheel
  • 2 = Breath Control
  • 7 = Volume
  • 10 = Pan
  • 11 = Expression
  • 64 = Sustain Pedal (on/off)
  • 65 = Portamento (on/off)
  • 71 = Resonance (filter)
  • 74 = Frequency Cutoff (filter)

So I think 80 and above is OK

I will try to reprogram the fcb1010. (Do the riverdance)

Ok, I have everything sorted out up to this point. I assigned the transpose down button to cc80 and the transpose up button to cc81. Which also stopped the up button from changing to a new rack on me. Thank you all!
Now,
The Garritan Aria player has 16 instrument slots each of which can be assigned a different midi channel. I would like to be able to switch instruments by switching channels I suppose and control them as well from a midi device. Namely a novation launchpad.
Perhaps I should start a new topic for this?

2 Likes

Yes, please create a new topic