Transpose feature goes back to 0 after a few seconds

I need to transpose my entire gig down a half step. I set it to -1 on the top transpose section and saved the file. After about 10 seconds it goes back to 0 when I switch patches.

?

If you’re using songs, then the song transpose value overrides the global transpose.

So you’ll need to change each song.

Curious as to why you need to transpose every single song

The whole show is tuned down a half step.

May I ask why? A different singer?

Have you considered just transposing your keyboard down one semitone?

@dhj Would have been a good time for something like a SetSongTranspose statement in an On Song callback. Something to add in the future, possibly?

How would that help?

@dhj A small script added to each SongScript file, that uses GetSongTranspose and decrements by 1?

Well, a better approach might be for the transpose value in each song to be relative rather than absolute.

Then the actual key would be whatever you set in the song PLUS the current value of the global tranpose.

1 Like

May we know the reason why you nered to transport every song though?

This could lead to obscure situations. I set my song transpose and I have to understand that -2 is not one tone below, but two tones below because I have also transpose -2 as a global transpose… :thinking:

Its a tribute band that tunes down the whole show…but most of my other shows are in regular key, so to avoid confusion I want GP to do it automatically. So I dont have to mess with each rented controller on tour.

1 Like