TouchOSC mk2 text label song notes

Hi, I’m new here, testing possibilities :slight_smile: Found great touchOSC templates with hiding knobs and so on, but was looking for one thing missing from my Reaper setup. Possibility to send rack label to touchOSC. Best would be song part label, but even song note would be great. I saw that lemur had that function, but not TouchOSC. Is it possible without scripting? I tried with /Songnote, but it’s not working.

Hi @matt37137,

welcome to the family :wink:

What do you mean by rack label?

Text label that you can attach to rackspace. But actually, it doesn’t matter for me. I just would like some Song notes in TouchOSC, which ever way it’s possible :slight_smile:

Have you seen this blog post? Lots of great details.

1 Like

I couldn’t find it, thank you! I don’t know why, but google index gp site and forum very badly. Ok, now I know why not all values were changing when using his template, buuut didn’t find what I was looking for. He uses labels, but only in conjunction with knobs. I tried using his way with scriplets, and writing there str instead of var, but I cannot program at all, so obviously it doesn’t work. Some things to consider in terms of future rig updates, but I couldn’t work out a solution for my current problem.

Here are results for TouchOSC - Search results for 'TouchOSC' - Gig Performer Community

That blog (I create threads for almost every blog) and many other topics are there.

If I understand what you mean try this:

• Create a label widget in GP with your note and rename the OSC Name to SongNote (/SongNote)
  • Create a label (where do you want) in touchOSC and rename it to SongNote

Enter these new lines of code in the Root only if you have created the label SongNote

local SongParts_M = root:findByName("Parts",true)
local Song_Count = root:findByName("SongCount",true)
local Current_Song = root:findByName("CurrentSong",true)
-- Copy & past the follow line here
local Song_Note = root:findByName("SongNote",true)
 if path=='/ClearAll' then  
    clear(Faders)
    clear(Knobs) 
    clear(Buttons)
    --Copy & past the follow line here
    Song_Note.visible=false
   end

-- copy & past the follow lines here
   if path == '/SongNote' then
   Song_Note.visible=true
   end

Hi thank you, for your time! I need some help using it tho. I must add this lines of code to the root of touchOSC template?
Both of those code snippets?
And what’s with the copy and past the follow line here?
@npudar Blog is great, and I use it all the time, unfortunately, theres no solution for my question in it.

Hi @matt37137, yes you must add this lines of code to the root of the touchOSC template. I included parts of the original code to indicate where you must add the new lines of code.

The new lines of code are these:

local Song_Note = root:findByName("SongNote",true)
Song_Note.visible=false
  if path == '/SongNote' then
   Song_Note.visible=true
   end

With the comments lines (-- copy & paste the follow lines here) is indicated where you must insert the new lines in the original code

3 Likes

Now I get it! Thank you, for great template and super fast help. Now everything is clear, and it works! You are great! It even hides when there is no widget, and changes at song part change. Everything i needed :star_struck:

1 Like

Yesss @matt37137 …I’m very glad to helped you. This your question was helpful to understand how to add an object (in this case a label) with relative code.

Cheers :beers:

3 Likes