Tool for creating VSTs (Windows/Mac)

Dear All,

I mentioned in another thread that I had found a tool for easily creating real VST’s (Window 32,64bit and Apple OSX) and it is hardly more complicated to use than GPS’s own scripting language (if you can do the latter then you can do the former). It works inside a VST host (GP is great) and you can create VSTs either using a simplified scripting method (Angelscript) which auto generates a user interface and the VST’s for you; or you can use it more comprehensively using (I think!) C++, C, Delphi and a skin editor (again all within the programming environment). I only used the Angelscript method so cannot offer any comments on the full programming environment- and it was fine for what I wanted to do. I basically I took one of their many examples and modified it.

The program is by Blue Cat Audio and is called Plug’n Script. It cost 99 Euros (116 dollars) - although I got it for less than that in one of their sales (I think half price!). There appears to be a fully working demo version. Blue Cat and other developers apparently use this program for generating prototypes:-

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PlugNScript/

I should make it very clear that this is clearly not a substitute for GP’s own comprehensive scripting language - as that is vital for enhancing GP’s usability - but it is another weapon for the armory.

Anyway - I hope someone finds this useful.

Regards
Barry
PS BTW: I have no links whatsoever with Bluecat audio - just a user!