The plugin tcregen works on pc, but not on notebook (both win10pro)

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the vst plugin tcregen_64.dll, a looper plugin which I put in the global rackspace.
It works fine on my pc, yet not on my notebook. Both work with win10 pro systems.

GP4 deactivated the plugin (red list) and nanohost64bit (a simple vst loader and wrapper) can’t open it and asks, if it’s a 32bit plugin. But only on the notebook, not on the pc.

Anybody has an idea about what’s going wrong here and how to solve the problem? I really would like to sit with guitar, notebook and the looper on GP in the park or garden and play a little!

Greetings,
Hans

If I were you, I would do this:

• I’d copy the file from my PC to the laptop but in a new folder (using the Open Plugin Folder feature)
  • I’d add that folder in the Plugin Manager (a new VST path)
  • Finally, I would scan for new plugins

This way I’d be 100% sure that I use the right plugin (and not (say) 32-bit or damaged DLL).

1 Like

To make sure you copy the right (working) plugin, best use the GP-Plugin Manager on your PC to navigate to the right folder by right-clicking the pluging in the plugin’s list and choose “Open containing folder”.
That way you cannot mistaken file locations!

Thank you both!

I went both ways but it unfortunately didn’t solve the issue.

In savihost I get the information, that the “side-by-side configuration” is the problem. Whatever this means… :thinking:

I don’t know if this can even have an impact on vst: on my pc I use a local administrator account whereas on the notebook I use a regular account with admin rights.

A simple google search reveals what it means

In case anyone wants to check out this plugin - it’s freeware - I loaded it on my homepage:

www.licht--einfall.de/tcregen.zip

tcregen is already installed on my desktop + laptop PCs and works well.
I have downloaded your file which is the same and also works.

2 Likes

Create a backup of your computer.
Then reinstall your C++ Runtime libraries and other stuff from the link that David posted.

The problem is related to your operating system or shared libraries.

2 Likes

SOLVED!

The plugin tcregen needs C++ Runtime 2010. Installed it AND IT WORKS!

Thanks everybody for the replies! :rose:

By the way - quick introduction:

I use GP4 with Scuffham S-gear and Midi Guitar2. I use just rackspaces, no songs.
As midi controller serves a Novation LaunchpadMini MK3, where I mapped 40 buttons for program changes to select 40 patches, which sometimes contain two sounds via a CH1 - CH2 switch.
Two rows serve as volume sliders to level out the vol in live situations. One more row for effects on and off (autowah, flanger/chorus, overdrive, delay, tap time, CH1-2) and the tuner.

I just play on sessions and do some recording in StudioOne. My roots are in blues-rock and funk yet I am developping towards fusion and progrock.

I live close to Bayreuth (no Wagner fan) and to Thomann. And - as I have done a lot of editing on the computer my motto for coming months is: Less computer, more playing! :smile:

1 Like

Are you sure? Remember that all your other plugins were working just fine.

Sounds to me that you need to install this runtime library if you have a problem with that specific plugin, or with something else that specifically depends on that library. It’s not something one should blindly install on your computer.

More relevantly, if that plugin required that older runtime library then the plugin’s installer should have taken care of it.

That was a joke.

Sigh…unfortunately, despite the emojis, some users looking for help and who are not deeply technical might take that advice seriously.

I certainly thought you were recommending it.

We do want to be careful and clear about advice and guidance that is posted on these forums.

I have edited the topic and your answer to make it clearer.

Thanks for your understanding.

I do understand this. But this “advice” seemed so bizarre that I didn’t imagine anybody would take it seriously.
Is there a way to edit a post?

It would not be bizarre to most users unless they are deeply technical. It would just be another piece of “magic” that users think they have to do to fix a broken system. And who knows what that “fix” might break.

I have already edited the title and your solution to make it clearer.

We do appreciate your taking the time to report how the specific problem was solved.

1 Like

I understand.

One last remark:
I just discovered that this error message wasn’t related to tcregen, but to savihost itself.
It needs C++ Runtime 2008.