Tempo changes within Superior Drummer 3

Hi! I’m using Superior Drummer 3 to playback drum tracks (MIDI/*.sd3p files) to play guitar along with, and I’m having tempo issues on playback. Some of the songs have tempo changes throughout the song and those are programmed within the SD3 playback file. If I enable “Follow Host” in SD3, I can click the global GP Play/Stop button and it will start playback of the SD3 file, but stays at the global GP tempo throughout the entire song. If I disable “Follow Host” in SD3, I have to click the play button in SD3 to get playback, but the tempo is correct and the tempo changes occur at the correct spots. Any help is much appreciated!

HI @nebula328, welcome to the family

Ok, for my understanding:
You want start Superior Drummer with the global play button but the tempo should be controlled by Superior Drummer?

Hi! Thank you! Yes, that is what I’m trying to figure out.

OK, I fear that will not work out of the box.
But you can use scripting to set the tempo at specific bar:beat positions.
This way you can sync Superior Drummer with the global play and in scripting you can set the desired tempo wherever you want.

Sounds good?

This is an example script:

// Called when beat changes
// Only beat number is valid for now
On BeatChanged(bar : integer, beat : integer, tick : integer)
 if beat == 0 then
    SetBPM(120)
 elsif beat == 4 then
    SetBPM(140)
 elsif beat == 8 then
    SetBPM(180)
 elsif beat >= 12 then
    SetBPM(115)
 end     
End

And this is an example gig, just load Superior Drummer and activate follow Host
Superior_Tempo.gig (3.3 KB)

1 Like

Great! I was wondering if it needed a script to work. I’ll try this out in just a little while and report back ASAP. Thank you!!

This script did exactly what I was wanting! Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Feel free to ask when you need more hints :wink: