Templates for Gig Files or Panels?

I just finished watching the tutorial series for Gig Performer at ask video and it referenced making a new Gig file and selecting from templates, however my software shows no templates when I create a new Gig file. What am I missing?

Are there templates for things like multi-channel mixers or drawbars, etc available? I see a forum section with one submission but are there downloads available from the developers?

Thanks,
Brandon

Are you using the plugin alliance edition?

Predefined templates are a special feature of the Plugin Alliance version of GigPerformer, this is not built in the original makers standard version (which you propably have).
But i wouldnā€™t value those templates too highā€¦ ok, they might be a good starting point for some people, but at last all those ā€˜templatesā€™ are just normal rackspaces.
If you are looking for a special kind of rackspace, just search the forum or ask for it - the chances are quite high that you will find what you want, or someonoe might be there to help you.

1 Like

Apparently no, I am not using the Plugin Alliance versionā€¦ wasnā€™t aware there was a different version of the software, I downloaded direct from GPā€™s website.

What I was hoping to find were panels where the UI was already laid out and ready to assign to parameters. Perhaps something that looks like a SSL mixer for instance.

What would also be nice would be to have bundles of widgets, like a channel strip, that you could just drag to the panel face as a group.

So, you are not sure about it, where did you buy your GP license?

He downloaded it from GP website

So for sure a regular GP version and not a PA version.

1 Like

Yes correct.

Iā€™m new to all this but, seems odd that there would be two different versions of the software that have different functionality from two different resources?

I think the functionalities are the same only the templates are specific to the PA version.

1 Like

In the PA version only PA plugins can be used.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarity

Ah Yes, right, but PA also provide an ā€œunlockedā€ version which is compatible with all plugins.

You are right, the unlocked version which gives access to all plugins.

afaik, is the PA specific version of GP3 only available if you are a subscriber for the monthly or yearly payed abo at PA. otherwise its not.

agreed: (selfmade) predefined ā€œracksā€ for the front rackspace are a much missed feature.

Are you aware of this?
https://gigperformer.com/docs/Userguide36/add_new_panel.html

3 Likes

As we have said on numerous occasions, if we waited until every missed feature was implemented, there would never be a product!

3 Likes

No, i was not ! (ā€¦or no longer / i must have read this bevoreā€¦)
thats what i was asking for in that sense, finally.
wow, thats super greatā€¦and please take my apologies @dhj

quote from the manual:

Save this panel as a template

Panel layouts can be saved as templates. The widgets and their layout are saved, as well as MIDI mappings.

i need to find a way to keep all this information in the same drawer in my brain,
its quite alots coming together with all that software (VSTs) too