Template for delay spillover, auto-wah engage and more

I wanted to share the latest Gig file I’ve been using as a template. I’m calling it “All In The Pool” because for me, at least, it has pretty much everything I could want for most playing situations. All the plugins are listed at the end of this post.

• The signal starts in Global Rackspace goes into the wah. → phaser → flanger. The wah turns on/off using a GP script. I’ll post the script and instructions after this post.
  • The signal then goes to a normal rackspace to the amp. You can pretty much put whatever amp you want here. This Gig is using NDSP SLO-100 and the McRocklin suite.
  • We then go back to the Global Rackspace and to the Micropitch for the “chorus for people who don’t like chorus”.
  • This is where things get interesting. I wanted to be able to switch Rackspaces and have the delays trail over. I’m essentially running a Wet/Dry/Wet. The dry signal goes to a mixer, it also splits off two more times and goes through two gain plugins then to the delay and reverb running in parallel (remember to turn the mix to 100% to avoid phasing issues!). The output of the delay and reverb go to same mixer as the dry signal. This allows me to mute the input to either the delay or reverb using the gain plugin before the delay and reverb (basically taking them out of the signal path) and still have the trails keep going. You then use the gain sliders on the mixer to control the level of delay and reverb in relation to the dry signal.

The last thing is how I switch sounds using my midi control (Morning Star MC8 in my case). I wanted to program my midi controller once and be able to use it for all Gigs. To do this I use the Setlist feature. I set it to have 8 song parts (to match 8-button midi switch) with each button sending a CC message and then programmed GP to respond to those 8 CC messages in the Setlist preferences. Although GP uses the terms Songs and Song parts, I think of them as different sounds. In other words, Song part 1 is Clean, Song Part 2 is Chug with Phase, 3 is Chug with Flange, etc. This way I can freely assign any Rackspace/Variation to any “song part” and access it. If I want something new I just create a new song, assign Rackspaces/Variations and go. Super easy and simple.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

All In The Pool Template.gig (2.1 MB)

This Gig is using the following plugins:
Kuassa Efektor WF3607 for wah
Audiority Dr. Phase (Phase 90)
Audiority Electric Matter (EXH Electric Mistress)
Polychrome DSP McRocklin Suite for clean rackspace
NDSP Soldano SLO-100 for the chug rackspace
Eventide Micropitch for the 80’s “non-chorus” chorus - as Leon Todd would say “the grease!”
Soundtoys Echo Boy for delay
Soundtoys SuperPlate for reverb

1 Like

For the auto-engage wah.

Assign a widget to the wah/on off. Set the OSC/GPS Script Name in the advance tab to WAH_ENABLE. Assign an expression pedal widget to the wah pedal and name it “WAH” in the advanced preferences.

That’s it. The script is in the Gig file posted above. You can change the milliseconds value to turn it off faster or slower. I like it around 500ms.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Any chance to create a gig file with VSTs (I see those are AU plugins in the gig file), so I can include this in the official repository? :slight_smile:

The Global rackspace could also have some polishing :slight_smile:

Screenshots:

Is it possible to use this gig file with the included th u vst ? Included with gp

Replace the plugin and map the corresponding parameters (if they exist).

I’ll try if I get some time. My intent was mostly to show the WDW/parallel processing and the way I use the Setlist functionality. It’s not so much about the specific plugins or the looks. Also, I don’t actually use the global rackspace panel, it’s just there so I can map to widgets in a normal rackspace to be used in variations. I know it looks crappy, but I don’t care, I’m not going to use it.

Here’s a screen shot of the global backspace wiring. Again, the idea here is you have the dry signal running in parallel with the reverb and the delay. I also put mutes at the delay/reverb inputs so you can turn them off and still have the sounds trail out. This solves the issue I have with volume jumps when switching backspaces. It also gives the whole gig a consistent sounds because you’re using the same pre/post effects and just swapping out amps.

You can also see the before the amp sim I have the wah, phaser and flanger. This configuration basically allows me to use the same pre/post effects and switch out the amp sims easily. For this iteration I have the NDSP SLO100. I have another version of this Gig file with duplicates of this backspace but with various other amp sims. Each amp sims has it’s own “Song” in Setlist view…the next topic.

My Setlist view looks like this:

You’ll notice this “song” is called SLO and the 8 song parts are really just different sounds. My midi pedal has 8 buttons so I just mapped those 8 song parts to the CC’s on m pedal and I’m done mucking with midi programming.

If I want to play with a different amp, it’s just a matter of duplicating this rack space, changing out the amp sim, then create a new “song” for the new amp, map the sounds and go. The only thing that takes time is creating a new panel for the new amp sim.

I hope this clarifies.

1 Like

Thanks, because I will definitely share this to various FB groups :slight_smile: