Switching a rotary effect via widget/aftertouch and sustain pedal

Hi Rob,

thanks for the kind words! :grinning:

Yeah, the script not only “can” be copied to a new rackspace… it “must”!
The script handles the aftertouch messages, the sustain messages, the setting of the label, and so on…
So, if you want to copy the widgets, including the functionality, to another rackspace, you not only have to copy the widgets, you’d also have to make sure that they carry the same script-names (see edit mode → “advanced” tab) which are used in the script.
You also need to have a MIDI-In block which has the same Script-name as the corresponding widget-variable in the script-code (which here is “mid_in1”).
And of course you’d have to copy the script code into the new rackspace and you’ll have to re-compile it there so that it can be functionally “embedded”!
Then, if everything is carried over correctly, you shouldn’t get any compilation errors, and if you did something wrong, the compilation will fail and throw a nasty error message at you. :wink: :innocent:

I guess, this use case (copy all the Leslie stuff to another rackspace) might be a hot candidate for another video… it’s not really difficult to do, but it’s kind of difficult to explain (i guess, “moving pictures” will help a lot in this case) :beers:

1 Like

A video for this topic is right now in the upload queue… stay tuned! :sunglasses: :nerd_face:

1 Like

And here we are… enjoy the new video!
(I opened a new thread in the general “Scripting with Gig Performer” sub forum)

4 Likes

Dude @schamass, you’re amazing! Thank you for all the work and sharing.

This place is awesome!

2 Likes