Sustain pedal triggers Leslie in B70

Irritating, but I guess its a convention - the sustain pedal triggers the leslie in the B70. So when I’m playing a mix of piano, strings and organ, the leslie keeps getting triggered when I use the sustain pedal. Is there any way I can set the B70 CC64 to Sustain rather than Leslie trigger, and use a different midi CC to trigger the leslie?

I know some B3 emulations do not provide for that. To me, it is essential.

For example, the IK B-3X does allow you to apply sustain pedal (cc64) as an option.

Jeff

1 Like

Welcome, JamestownBrothers!

Don’t use a direct CC automation of the plug-in, use widgets on panels instead, for these parameters you need to change during performance, e.g. Leslie rotor speed. This is one of the first rules when learning Gig Performer, get rid of direct CC automation of the plug-ins, get used to widgets. Only exception would be sustain for these plug-ins which correctly act to sustain.

1. In the MIDI In block connected to B70, block sustain, and best practice, all other events you don’t want to use.
  2. Create a panel and add any switch widget, for example a sustain pedal. Actually, it’s just a switch and can act as anything else besides sustain.
  3. Assign (mapping) it to the Leslie rotor speed (or whatever they call it) parameter of the B70 plug-in.
  4. Learn any MIDI controller like a foot switch or from a MIDI controller to that widget. Depending on the type, you might need to tweak the widget General/MIDI/Value settings of that widget.
3 Likes

Thanks, Angel. Learning fast! Transitioning from Nord Stage 4 to Laptop, Gig Performer, and (currently, though I dislike the keybed) Arturia Keylab. I have both 88 and 61 - 61 is nice and light, but I wish they’d put a decent keybed in there - just a little heavier.
We have a gig on Friday and I’m aiming to get the first shot at live with the laptop (will set up the Nord just in case).

1 Like