The link to the specs was already posted: GitHub - fatarsrl/sl-link
I heard back from Studiologic and they said that they gave someone from the forum the necessary information. They also mentioned that in the near future there might be a kind of user software to connect the SL Link with a quite simple procedure
Jus saw on Studiologicās website theyāre going to release a software app for the SL MK2 and IOS called Smart Mapper. Looks interesting
Reminds me to NI NKS.
Seems you need to include their plugin where you can load any VST.
But are the plugin parameters visible to Gig Performer also?
And what happens when their plugin is loaded multiple times in the same rackspace?
Good questions! When they release that software I will try it out and see what it can do as I recently bought an SL88 Mk2s
I had a SL88 mk1 in the past. The mk1 provided the capability to attach 3 switch pedals and 1 controller pedal on four 1/4" sockets
The mk2 has pysically only three 1/4" sockets. I was not able to gain any information out of the manual if Iām able to connect more then 3 functions, besides using the SLP3-D triple pedal with some additional (local) functionality. The wiring of the SLP3-D is available and I could easily build the physical connections. But what about the logical ones?
Is it still possible to send 4 MIDI controllers out of the the three switch/controller inputs out of the SL 73/88 mk2 as mentioned above?
![]()
I would try e-ailing Studiologic
I meant email
I just pulled the trigger on a SL88 MK2! All the reviews and information Iāve read lead me to believe the response will be a huge improvement over my NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2. It is also good timing given Iāve got my whole rig at home without a gig for the next two weeks so Iāll have plenty of time to swap it out in the rig and get everything well tested.
On Studiologicās web page thereās an app called Smart Mapper beta version. Itās only for the SLMK2 or IOS. Neither the Mac or Windowās version can be downloaded yet but I was able to download the IOS version at the App Store. Tried it out on the IPad and my SLMK2 and it looks interesting. Definitely want to try it out on Gig Performer when Iām able to download the Mac version. I would be interested in what anyone else who has an SLMK2 and of course GP thinks of it.
Sort of OT to GP: MK2 Keyboard action vs Mk1.
Iām thinking of buying the Studiologic SL88 MK2. (I wonāt likely have one to try). Iād like to ask those who have/had the Mk1, and now the Mk2⦠Is the newer action a notable improvement over the older Mk1?? I liked everything about the Mk1, EXCEPT the action!!
Many thanks for any help/feedback!
The action on the MK2 is definitely an improvement over the MK1 which I had previously owned. On my MK1 the action was OK until it got to the upper octaves then it got stiff. Also after 1 year a couple of keys stopped working, So far so good with the MK2 though and I have had it for almost a year. Hope this helps
Thanks for the report!! I will probably update to a Mk2 at some point. I had no other problems with the Mk1 (dead keys ect..) but the keybed was just too stiff and heavy. Maybe it was just the one
I got? Again, thanks
I think mkII has a better action too.
I sold my SL73 mkI and bought mkII. I am really happy about the change
Hello Furio, i am not a current owner of Studiologic SL MK2, but i am planning to buy one and my intent is to connect it to Gig Performer for using it in live sessions. Please forgive me in case my questions are a little bit dumb but am a newbie with this keyboard.
You said : āin midi mode no device is mapped, no control change from buttons and potentiometersā and i am a little bit concerned about that because i plan to use the SL MK2 as a controller and i donāt want to rely on an hypothetic Studiologic SL protocol implementaiton in a GP extension to be able to control at least some functionalities in GP.
From the SL MK2 documentation, sounds that, in midi mode, it is possible to tune CC number sent by each knob + pedals + stick 2 on the SL MK2, so one could match them via a midi learn to a specific widget control, for each zone in each program. Thatās only 4 knobs + one stick, and it is really poor for a midi controller. But sounds that some knobs control exist.
May you confirm my understanding is correct ? Thanks !
Stephan, when I tried GigPerformer just after I bought the new SL, none of the pots or the buttons were shooting MIDI Control Change. But since then, there have been two firmware updates and I didnāt try anymore. Currently the controller is in a recording studio and I have no access for some days.
As soon as possible I will try again. I am sorry I cannot confirm your doubts in short time.