Step by step going thru presets

I’m new here and from the Netherlands. I’m thinking of start using GP instead of Ableton, which I’m using now. But obviously I want to know if the most important features, for me that is, are included.

I’m the keyboard player of a band. I have 2 mudikeyboards, from 1 of them I have divided the keys. So I have 3 keyboards programmed in Ableton. I can assign 3 diferent presets from a vst to the keys. But some songs need more. Thats why some songs have up to 4 scenes with 3 vst-presets. I go to the next one, using a pedal which is midi-assign to do so.

Thats my main qeustion for now. Can GP do that.? Is there a YouTube video which explains that? Can you help me out?

With different rackspaces and variations you can do that all

This is basic GP 101 functionality - you use rackspaces to hold plugins (you’re not limited to three)

Lots of videos and blog articles as well as a full online user manual with tutorials

Best thing you could do is to download and try it out. I would point out that the GP paradigm is very different than the way you’re thinking about things so while you can do what you’re trying to do, you’ll probably find there are better ways to do it in GP. For example, you don’t have to have such a formal separation of your keyboards.

In this thread I listed some of the videos that might be good starter videos (ignore the Casio-specific discussion)

Jeff

Thanks guys. Now I know my wishes can be fullfilled in GP. I just watched 1 video Jeff mentioned and that didn’t get me the explaination I was looking for, but I will watch them all and search for more, until I found the best tutorial. Tips are still welcome.

Read the manual, this will help you

1 Like