Stand-alone multi-effects pedalboard vs GP guitar rig

Thank you for the kind words and great feedback. We really appreciate it.

1 Like

For me it’s the “holy” trinity: price, sound, and flexibility.

If you have the privilege of unlimited funds, there may well be better options. The Axe FX 3 is rated highly, as is the Quad Cortex, and if you have the cash to burn, you may as well get them all. The equivalent - or better - software effects can be had for a fraction of the price.

The ideal sound is one that matches that of the real hardware, with similar dimensionality of the tone. You may never quite get there, but then again the real hardware is significantly more expensive than the software, and your audience won’t notice.

GP4 with virtual sims let me mix and match the best of all worlds, giving me unparalleled flexibility. Maybe one plug-in only simulates amps, but another does a great job of pedals, and another has a world class reverb. GP4 enables me to bring a studio quality sound to the stage, and work with what I have in any way I want.

It’s not cut and dry, making a stable computer setup will be work, most VSTs will cost money and take time to learn, and the sound may never be identical to the emulated hardware.

For me it was an obvious choice.

3 Likes

Why Digital Amp Modeling? DINO CAZARES TELLS ALL