Song Lyrics layout

Yes, the ability to load a pdf file is undocumented as it only works on a Mac.
However, the next version of Gig Performer, hopefully coming quite soon, will include a tool to make it easy to import PDF files into Gig Performer’s ChordPro system.

1 Like

Yes, it works for me (MacOS Mojave).
I did need to re-enter the quotation marks though, because if I copy/paste the above from Safari, it appears to use the ‘smart quote’ style (whatever they’re called). If you re-type them, they will become plain text quotations. Without doing this, I was getting the question mark.

4 Likes

BINGO!! Give that man a cigar!! (Or whatever you prefer to smoke.) Retyping the quotation marks did the trick!! (and thanx to all who helped solved this mystery…)

4 Likes

Well here we are in the latter half of 2023 and I, for one, would still love to at least change the lyric page font, and ideally the background color of the page to black. No matter how big you make Courier (the default font) on a white background, it is very hard for my old eyes to read, and moreover, the monitor at the foot of the stage is basically a white light (having 99% of the pixels on the screen white), which looks pretty garish with our stage lighting. Please: can GP4 implement the rest of the CP directives, or just give us HTML as an option for the Lyrics page (without needing to compile scripts, use other programs, command line, etc.)?

1 Like

This is still a big wish of mine, to be able to change fonts and colors.