SOLVED!_GP4: PA-unlocked on M1mac, my plugins are shown in "red"(missing)

PA has just answered:

“If you are on a Windows machine, there is something wrong with the unlocked installer. You should be able to activate the PA version, nonetheless. Please send me screenshots of your activation process.”

I can’t activate the PA-Version, I will send them a screenshot.

But as I said, I will try GP 4 on my MacBook and see what happened.

1 Like

FYI

i don´t understand this message, and how it would/should help ?
just posted there…coming with my questions :wink:

If you are using a new M1 Mac, then it seems that the PA Installation Manager did not install M1 versions of their plugins. Hence any plugin host, including Gig Performer, running natively (as opposed to under Rosetta) will not be able to load the plugins.

i still don´t understand that point and whats the cause of the problem, since i am since 6 months on a M1mac, and everything went fine so far.
= everything worked fine under Rosetta !
even most plugins that were not specificly rated as such do run.

But am i right with my assumption that this problem is only existing with the PA-unlocked version, but NOT with the original Deskew GP4 ?

and i still don´t understand:
with the original Deskew GP4, it would install two different versions of GP4 on the mac ?
how would one chose which one to be loaded, intel vs. arm64 ?

as sayed, i´m perfectly fine with running GP3 under Rosetta.
I have small latencys ( with my TB3 Audio interface / even at 128 samples Buffer / i run Bass roundtrip / works like a charm)

The Deskew version comes as 2 separate installers: a ‘Universal’ version that is intended for newer Macs, including M1, and a ‘Intel only’ version. My understanding is that the Intel only version would still work for an M1 Mac - as it would run in Rosetta (same as GP3).

My question to you: does PA offer the ‘Intel only’ as a download option?

No, it does not !
it´s only one installer for the mac.

i´ve posted screenshots for that specific reason, to show this.
its 10 posts above this one. In fact the first screenshots that appear if you scroll up from here. These two pictures show the download section at PA at the GP4 page

If you use Finder and go to the Applications folder and right-click on GP4 and select ‘Get Info’, do you see a tick box to force it to use Rosetta?

2 Likes

If you did not install ARM versions of the plugins - they cannot be loaded into the ARM binary of GP.

As @rank13 pounded out - right click on your GigPerformer4.app and select “Info” then TICK the box titles “Open using Rosetta” to make sure that INTEL version is opened on your ARM computer.

That should allow you to load your Intel only plugins normally.

1 Like

Someone needs to confirm whether the PA Installation Manager is actually installing Apple Silicon versions of their plugins or not.

1 Like

I have just installed the GP4 Unlocked Version from PA on my MacBook (late 2013, macOS Catalina). I have found only one installer. I could activate the version in contrast to the Windows version.

And it works fine, I could load my GigFile, no red plugins. I had to change some General settings and I had to change some AU to VST (for example Keyscape), but then I could play the whole Gig without problems.

1 Like

Of course. Everything in that scenario is Intel based so there are no compatibility issues.

1 Like

Ok, THIS IS IT !

here,…screenshots, both the same, different zoom ( Info is in german language)

GP4_App-Info1
GP4_App-info2

Huh, i posted to early, my brain missjuggled something, BUT:
it finally is it, indeed !
i checked that checkBox, and GP4 is loading now all my VST/VST plugins used in that particular Gig.

Problem solved !
Very Much thanks to everybody, especially @rank13 with your invaluable help.
( i will edit now my inititial post again, adding some lines on top)

1 Like

Well kinda — you are running GP4 under Rosetta and it won’t run quite so fast but perhaps good enough.

hmm,…vs. the Reason DAW, the developer says you should not mix and match arm64 ready plugins with the intel ones.

So, thats ok how it is, …i´d guess.
And i´m used to run GP under Rosetta.
Fact is: the M1macs are affordable, especially the M1mini, and the capabilities with GP3 is allready stunning !

AND: you can run several GP instances in parallel ! for example the “instrument/initial Sound making” Rack in one instance, and another one for the (complex) FX processing.
I had to do this to run big "patches (Rackspaces) with low buffer sizes ( i stick now allways to 128 samples)
one thing: my TB3 audio interface has noticeable less latency than for example my NI kontakt 6.
I also run my Bass sometimes roundtrip, thru fat patches, and the latenzy is absolutely ok.
The Amp simulations ( PA) do add some latency. So you want to have a super fast AI to keep things still within reason.
The M1 mac is awesome, even under Rosetta !
But its Gigperformer to unleash now all that power we allready have given with all those VST/AU plugins.
It opens up such a huge world !!!

I have several plugins that are arm64 ready.
i will make some tests to see. But it might take a while.
Hope i can bring a FAT patch together to make some hi CPU load tests, Arm based vs. Rosetta.

wait, what win would “you” expect to see under arm64 only patches/Rackspaces ?
less latency ?..better performance vs. the CPU load ?