[Solved] Been away, now nothing works

and reinstalled it

i think the helix driver used to show up as asio, now it says DirectSound as audio device type

it’s a brand new i7 asus computer, it works fine, something software wise is fucked

my favorite virtual organ is pc only i think

VB3 is pc only i think

i installed the latest gig performer bout an hour ago, no change

ha, i checked the latest driver, it seemed i had it, but i must have read something old, i uninstalled my helix driver, went to the line 6 website again, this time i found a new driver, installed, rebooted, all fixed… :slight_smile: … but, i so dont know how everything can work one day, you turn it off, 6 months go by, you turn it on, nothing works, my pc doesnt even connect to the internet unless i tell it to, maybe i did a helix update since then, i’ve been so busy, i suppose anything could happen, once again, thanx for the help and sorry for the bitching

1 Like

If it is VB3 from GSi, then that’s available for Mac. I used to use it myself

Phew…glad you got it sorted out

yeh, i must have updated helix from 2.7 to 2.71 at some point, note to self, when updating helix firmware, always check for windows driver updates :slight_smile:

what’s your go to organ now?

Blue 3 from GG Audio

so… i i stalled blue 3 on my windows 10 computer, opened gig performer, played an organ patch, everything worked, went to the vi window, opened blue 3, the whole screen turned red, no audio interface, turns out blue 3 somehow corruppted my helix driver, doesnt show up, and now i can’t even re install it… once again, i am really really fucked

Hi, what is “vi window”?

@davepine Installing or uninstalling a plugin should really have nothing to do with your drivers.
Completely different beasts.

Your initial post where you’ve been away, rebooted your computer and nothing works or rather your helix driver doesn’t work I’d say there is some kind of an issue with the combination of Windows / Driver / Hardware . Could be an issue with a hub if you’re using one, could be a bug with Helix driver and a particular Windows version you’re using and it could be a conflict with your security software.

GP only reports what the Windows subsystems finds and installing or removing a plugin does not really change that

well, did a system restore and got it all working, thanx** **

do i dare try it again? :slight_smile:

nah, i’m good

so i reinstalled Blue3 and it works fine, i hate to say, i think all my ( driver) problems were because when i opened Blue3 at the exact same moment i stepped on the usb cable connected to the power usb Y adapter and it pulled the cable out just enough to make me think the driver just crashed, once again, user error… sorry

i stuck it toghter with a liitle monster tape so hopefully it won’t happen again, not pretty, but effective