Software midi merger (or virtual midi device creator)

is anyone aware of a software midi merger utility for Windows? I have 2 physical midi controllers on different ports that I want to appear as a single device inside GP

I‘m assuming there is a reason for you to have the two represented as a single device. But what is it? For many situations where you would use this, there are other ways to do this :slight_smile:

But answering your original question:
You could use an additional GP instance plus a MIDI loopback device.

What about LoopBe1?

Midi osx maybe u can try.

I’ve found LoopBe30 (and the free single channel LoopBe1) to be good tools. I didn’t experience any noticeable latency, like I did with loopMIDI.

@simon - yea, tbh, it’s something I’m trying to solve for to make creating a bunch of racks a bit easier. I’m using a GSI DMC-122 (dual manual midi controller) as my keyboard and a modified Behringer FCB1010 foot controller for all of my pedals (sustain, expression, patch change, leslie, etc…). I was looking for a shortcut of being able to just have a single device to add to a rack (and filter by channel). I know there are other ways of doing it, but I’m trying to keep things as simple as possible for setting things up. Especially if there is a way of going in on the backside and changing the ports in case I needed to swap out part or all of my controller rig.

@progloverfan - MidiOX was the first thing I checked, but I couldn’t figure out a way to do what I wanted to.

@themaartian - thanks - I downloaded LoopBe1 and will look at the documentation to see if it can do what I want it to do.

1 Like

Make sure you read up on the Rig Manager, which is designed to support precisely this.

Using Rig Manager