Simple arpeggiator vst for Fats Domino bass patterns

I’m looking for a simple and easy to use arpeggiator vst that will follow live chord input, and produce piano bass lines similar to Fats Domino 1950’s piano style. I’ve looked at Kirnu Cream, but it has limited midi learn and I couldn’t sync it to the drum module. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Take a look at Cthulhu by Xfer Records (the developer of Serum). It has a Chords module in addition to its Arp module. There’s a free demo available, limited to 15 minutes. Windows and Mac.

Cthulhu

From the linked web page:

Transform your chords in new ways. The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways. The 8 tabs of the step sequencer allow you to completely reshape the incoming MIDI notes, even a single note fed into the arp can become a unique and rhythmic riff! Even if you have other arpeggio software plug-ins, Cthulhu’s arp is unique and powerful with advanced features such as chord-arpeggio mode, ties, duration / velocity sequencing, intelligent transpose, harmony, and more! Every tab of the sequencer can operate on its own length, allowing for evolving polymetric arpeggios. From simple to complex, from chaotic to creating precise arpeggio you imagine in your head!

1 Like

I bought it seeing that it wasn’t very expensive. At a quick glance, I could not spot latch mode. Do you use this vst? If so, do you know how to latch it on and off? I went to their forum asking about latch, but so far no one has responded. Cheers.

From page 33 of the v1.1 manual (beta 11b)

added: MIDI latching option (switch at top upper-left). When enabled, incoming MIDI note-off’s are “ignored” / incoming notes will hold until a new note/chord is sent to Cthulhu.

Many thanks.