This scriptlet will redirect incoming MIDI notes into a given MIDI channel, cycling channels each time a note is received Channel Round Robin.rackspace (6.3 KB). The scriptlet is in a rackspace, as I can’t upload .gpscript files.
This is a simple but powerful idea: for example, I can use it to give 3 polyphonic “voices” to a monophonic synth patch, using the pattern below:
Other use cases:
- Increase clarity when playing chords using a distorted sound, because the distortion will be applied on individual notes;
- Send notes into a synth panned hard left and a synth panned hard right in alternance, giving a “ping-pong” effect while not relying on a tempo-based LFO;
- Experimental patch design
- Will probably produce hanging notes if multiple MIDI sources are fed into the scriptlet;
- Will crash if all channel widgets are set to “Off” and a note is played (I had a hard time debugging this one, it could be useful if GP showed the script line number in the script logger when an error occurs)