Scripting switch of Rackspace of a Song part

Hi,

I can’t find any information in the documentation about scripting the switching of a rackspace associated to a given song part.
Is there a way to do that in Gig Perfomer please ?

Thanks for your help.

You cannot change the rackspace associated with a song part via scripting.
What are you trying to do accomplish?

Thanks for your fast reply !

I use OSC on an Android tablet to remote control a dedicated bass instance, and would like to let my bass player select his sound (one model per rackspace) without the need of the PC interface.

OK – so OSC has nothing to do with scripting — but why are you trying to change the rackspace associated with a song? Are you running in setlist mode or rackspace mode?

Or are you just in rackspace mode and trying to switch from one rackspace to another?

1 Like

Hi @Jose and welcome to the GP community forum. :wink:

I don’t understand why the bass player should choose its sound live. Usually, for a specific song, you choose the bass sound and keep it… :thinking: Perhaps you could elaborate a bit concerning your exact use case.

If the bass player wants to be free of choosing its bass sound each time he plays the song, then it is perhaps better to have a GP instance dedicated to the bass, such that it is no more related to a specific rackspace in your setlist. (this suppose your are on Mac or have a multi-client ASIO driver).

Sorry for my poor English, I’m gone try to clarify a bit more my config :

• one PC with 7 instances (GTR, Bass, Lead, Chorus, Drum, Keyboard, Samples)
  • Multi-client ASIO (X32-Rack, restrict to 16IN/16/OUT through USB)
  • One Android tablet per player (Touch-OSC)
  • Setlist mode for all and dedicated tuning for each instance (midi, audio, OSC, etc…)
  • When needed, FOH engineer can control some parameters from a dedicated tablet, with access to all players controls.

My goal is to be the most effective during rehearsal, given the most autonomous config to my players.
With this config, at the end of a rehearsal all can be stopped and restarted the next time in the exactly same config. It’s really effective and time saving, and really comfortable for lives without FOH engineer.
It seems to me that no other tool can do that ! GP Team, thanks a lot for this very impressive tool :+1:

So, yes, when a song is ok, no need to switch rackspace, but to quickly try and find the good one I would like to be able to switch the rackspace in setlist mode, from an OSC command.

I hope I have clarified a bit more …

I would be happy to see screenshots of your tablet to see how you organize things. Very interesting approach I would like to follow in my band. But, they still have to slowly migrate to a more modern way of thinking :thinking:

If we can indeed decentralize the control of the instances while playing, the preparation of a Gig remains centralized. Unfortunately, I don’t see how each musician, in his corner, could modify the Rackspaces used in a song in setlist mode. :thinking:

Here you can see the “Setlist view” (same look on all tablets) and an example of “Param view”.

Yes, not easy to migrate but with functional, effective and “sexy” tools, it can help :slight_smile:

All my rackspaces have widgets with OSC names defined. When we are working on a new song, I create song and parts inside each instance (the tablets automatically receive the updates). The rackspaces must been associated manually before each musician can modify the parameters.
While the parameters are ok for a part, I just click on “capture variation into this part” in the upper right corner of the Setlist view in GP.

The two missing commands for a full autonomous process are : the “capture variation into this part” and the Part/Rackspace association

1 Like

It is not possible to change the rackspace associated with a song part programatically.
Why don’t you just create a song part for each rackspace that you want to use and then switch to the desired song part?

Yes, I need to think about it as a workaround. I don’t think I can use my config without “song parts” as “song parts”.
If I use “song parts” as “workspace selection option”, each new song will need to know all rackspaces to let musician testing each one before selecting the desired one.

I also have a related question. As mantioned in my previous post, i need to click on “capture variation into this part” to save config in the current part, is there a way to do it programatically ?