Scripting Question for Newbie

Hi Group,

I’m fairly new to GP… (I love it!).

For fun…my Wife and I sing Karaoke at the house and I decided to use GP to set up a really cool “Karaoke Control Center” with multiple headphone mixes and vocal effects. Just picked up a T3 Interface and man… I’m really amazed at the latency performance for live tinkering around with effects etc…

My question is this… I want to use a group of 3 switches or buttons to route each individual headphone mix temporarily to my pair of headphones so when I adjust the mix for another persons headphones I can quickly hear exactly what they are hearing instead of guessing with the volume adjustments etc.

I’ve been able to route the mixer to achieve this but I don’t know how to set up the switches to automatically solo just one mix while muting all others it that particular mixer. At this time I have to manually switch one off and then switch the one I want to hear one by itself. I’m probably going to use a button setup in the end… but at this point I have toggle widgets. Is the behavior I’m seeking for the buttons possible to achieve without scripting or do I need to learn how to use the scripting tools in GP??

Please see the attached pics of the panel…

Any help would be super appreciated. If any one here is interested in my “Karaoke Control Center” I would be happy to share it… although you will have to re-route to your set up. I currently have a Quantum2626 and a Head Amp 6 Pro that I’ve set this up with.

Regards
Craig

1 Like

Any reason you can’t just use variations?

Hi…Thanks for the reply… what do you mean by variations.? I’m fairly new to the program so my lack of knowledge is showing here…

When you’re in ‘panel’ view, on the left side the rackspace-names are shown. When you right-click a rackspace, you can add a variation.

All variations in a rackspace use the same plugins and widget, but the state of the widgets might differ and is persisted with each variation. You might think of variations like presets for a particular rackspace.

To catch up the basic, please see here:

This is a part of the Build it with Gig Performer series.

Also make sure to check the user manual.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure if using variations would be so very helpful for this purpose…
in my opinion, what he asks for is “radio buttons” - sounds like the typical use case.
@Craiger: Unfortunately, this button-behaviour can actually only be achieved by using GP-Script.
I once wrote an example script which also contains some remarks in the code… maybe this might help you with your rackspace?! (which looks quite nice! :+1: )

How to realize “radio buttons” with scripting - User scripts - Gig Performer Community

If you have questions, feel free to ask!
Oh, and welcome to the GP-Family! :beers:

Or you can use an extension :slight_smile:
See here: Gig Performer | What are extensions in Gig Performer and how to use them

2 Likes

Oh, right… i always forget this option. :+1:
Maybe this would be even better for someone who isn’t experienced in scripting/coding.

My understanding was that all that was needed was to be able to switch each one on (solo) or have all three on.

Four variations, the first three with each one soloed and the fourth with all three on.

He’s not doing anything else so switching variations would be sufficient,

He might have to “ignore variations” for other widgets but that’s it,

Doing this would mean that he’d have to “disable” 40 active widgets (i just counted them) from being usable for Variations, only to trick the rest of three switches to act like radio buttons.
In that use case i would imagine that one uses variations most probably to create diffrent settings for the used effects or mixer settings, but not to set three diffrent switch combinations while everything else had to stay the same.

Yes, I get that - but for his particular use case, that may be all that is necessary.

Of course a radio button solution is better

Thank you!

Thanks… I’ll dig into this…

Thanks… I’m gonna dig into some basic scripting. I really enjoy learning new things like this… . I use a script base/macro driven device for my day job (3d Cad) and I’ve dabble in scripting and macros but most all of the things I’ve done are text based. Hopefully the GP scripting for basic stuff won’t be too difficult…

Craig

1 Like

WOW! Just set the extension up with the radio buttons! It works perfectly!!!

Thank you so much for the suggestion! The extensions listed in that link are so useful.

Thanks a million!
Regards,
Craig

3 Likes