S gear the stealer

Here is my updated Rig

JB GUITARE 01.gig (1.8 MB)

1 Like

One observation:
I get an error since I donā€™t have Midnight Rain backing track :slight_smile:

I suggest that you remove that MP3 from the Audio File Player.
Other than that, looks OK.

EDIT:
Iā€™ve just added it here (without the MP3 file): [Gig] S-Gear amp - The Stealer

OOPS! Sorry. I will.

I updated my Rig with THE WAYFARER![Capture dā€™eĢcran, le 2021-10-21 aĢ€ 20.44.19|600x500]

JACQUES GUITARE 1.rackspace.zip (256.3 KB)

1 Like

Do you play this or just hang it on the wall for decoration???

1 Like

The Wayfarer part looks really great :slight_smile:

Can you share with us some info, e.g. how this setup works for you? You donā€™t use variations?

Iā€™d usually have multiple rackspaces with multiple variations and activate tails in rackspace properties for smooth transitions.

1 Like

Right now I am learning how to set-up Gig Performer. My first objective is to make panels for each of the S GEAR amps and make sure everything work. I will then make variations to access each of the amps.

Finally I will link my panels to my Morningstar MC8 and my Arturia Minilab Mk2.

I am a semi retired hobbyist playing home. Mainly with backing tracks

For now I will use Gig Performer to play the guitar. I might add some software synths down the road.

In my set-up I will use S GEAR most of the time. However sometimes I could bypass the effects and Cabs of S Gear to use Helix Native drives in front of S Gear (Main use for snapshots) , MIX IR3 for cabs, Echoboy for delays and Fractal Audio Reverbs. I use Native Instrument Supercharger GT to Widen the Mix and THE SCREAM Overdrive in front of S GEAR STEALER to boost it for Solo.

I play mostly with headphones because I live in an apartment and at 66 I am probably the youngest owner.

My interface is an Apogee Element 46 .The Latency is very low and the converters very good. Also the Headphones output is probably the best and obviously it is important for me.

So essentially this set-up is to learn. Right now I upload Video and audio tracks in Logic X to play and learn.

Not a typical professional player Rig but Gig Performer is very easy to use compare to other softwares I tried. Very intuitive.

1 Like

My preference is to set up the Helix Native effects with automation parameters (e.g. Switch 1, Switch 2) and then map a GP widget to those. That way I can control individual effects using widgets and variations.

But I suppose it also depends on how complex your snapshots are.

Right Now my Snapshots are very simple. I use the snapshots to select one of the 8 drives I like. It could change down the road since I am learning everyday. how to use Gig performer. Thanks for the tip.

I redesigned THE STEALER AMP and add Variations to select amps

JB GUITAR- S GEAR 2.rackspace.zip (261.9 KB)

3 Likes

FINAL VERSION WITH ALL S GEAR 2 AMPS

JB GUITARS.rackspace.zip (369.8 KB)

4 Likes

This is a superb design! :slight_smile:

So you switch variations to select different amps.

Did you check out the Rackspace Properties dialog and tails? This option will allow smooth transitions between rackspaces.

1 Like

Looks great! ā€¦and Kudos for your fine work! :beers:
But for my personal taste itā€™s definitely too much packed into one rackspaceā€¦ i guess, for my use i would rip it apart and use the particular amps with their panels separately. Iā€™ll have to try whatā€™s bestā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Too bad we cannot MASK a panel in Variations. This would solve the problem.You would see only the panels of the selected variation .

I tried it and it does not bother me though

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I will check the Rackspace properties

A last one with design changes and integrated software pedals

JB GUITARS.rackspace.zip (378.3 KB)

3 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely use this. Thank you for your hard work designing it.

Iā€™ll most likely separate the amps into rackspaes and put an instance of s-gear in the global rackspace and use the FX part of it only (you can switch of the amp completely). Then I can experiment with various settings and sounds. Once I find the ones I like Iā€™ll incorporate that into my real gig file with other pugins and settings.

5 Likes

Thanks. I will experiment with different set-up as well. My first objective was to put everything in one rig to make sure it was working.

1 Like

I created a gig file, and removed the (missing) track from the Audio File Player :slight_smile:

Itā€™s here: [Gig] All S-Gear 2 amps

2 Likes

Hello, Here you will find two files. One with ALL AMPS in one rig. The other with ONE RIG PER AMP.

I also added Brainworks DS40 to the Rigs.

JB S GEAR FINAL.gig.zip (1.6 MB)
SEPARATE RIGS S GEAR.zip (1.6 MB)

5 Likes